Senior NLP Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Hello there, we’re Henchman.
The fastest contract drafting experience ever made!
Henchman is a breeze of fresh air in a sector that almost missed the digital boat but is now ready to jump aboard. The idea is simple: we suggest relevant clauses to lawyers while drafting contacts within their Microsoft Word environment, creating the fastest contract drafting experience ever made. Despite our small company size, our ambitions are big. By 2026 we want 10.000 lawyers to use Henchman on a daily basis. To get there, we’re looking for people who fit our bill: at Henchman, we’re serious about our jobs, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We’re humble, open and constructive. We grow together as a team and always focus on the user.
Take a step into the world of Legal NLP and help our users – lawyers – make sense of ever-growing digital piles of legal contract data. The ideal candidate has an analytical and autodidactic mindset and shares our commitment to shipping high-quality software that responds to our users' needs. If getting custom-built ML models into the hands of users excites you, then you are the kind of person we want to hear from.
⭐️ Requirements ⭐️
- A minimum of two years of experience applying NLP methods in a production environment.
- Broad knowledge of the field of NLP, including its history, its tasks, and its relation to other fields within the domain of AI.
- Passion for (the related field of) Text-Based Information Retrieval – aka Full Text Search. Experience with any open-source search engine, such as Elasticsearch, Solr, Jina, Vespa, is a plus.
- A firm grasp of machine learning methods, both shallow and deep. This includes...
- provable experience with at least one autodiff framework, preferably TensorFlow 2.0 or Pytorch;
- familiarity with common preprocessing patterns, especially as these relate to linguistic data;
- familiarity with the current state of the art;
- knowledge of possible pitfalls when deploying trained models to a production setting;
- ability to communicate progress and uncertainty to team members as well as to stakeholders.
- A commitment to writing pythonic Python that follows software engineering best practices. This includes the ability to
- produce modular code;
- write tests;
- reason about algorithmic complexity;
- (bonus points) use type annotations.
⭐️ The package ⭐️
- Unlimited payed holiday
- Competitive compensation packages
- Flexibility to work remote, from where you want
- Flexdesk at the Meetdistrict in Ghent, Brussel & Antwerp
- The necessary equipment for you to do your best work (Noise Cancelling Headphones, a Macbook Pro, secondary screen, etc.).
Eagerness to learn, attitude, and enthusiasm are more important than ticking the boxes though. Even if not all desired requirements are met, but you're very excited about the role, we want to hear from you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The fastest contract drafting experience ever made