Legal Operations Manager
MoCaFi's Legal & Compliance team is on the frontline providing expertise and value to support and advance MoCaFi's mission. We seek an experienced and highly motivated team player to join in defining and delivering on an exciting new paralegal role supporting our legal operations across our contracts (customers and vendors), corporate governance, marketing and cardholder communications, and internal policies and controls. The successful candidate will be tech savvy and work with stakeholders across the company and our partners to support our multifaceted initiatives, manage our documents (templates, contracts, policies, compliance and other legal operations), corporate filings and governance, conduct marketing review of related collateral and cardholder terms, and provide substantive support on other matters. This is a great opportunity to join a growing team, expand your knowledge and experience, be creative, develop leadership and customer facing skills and work on interesting issues in an exciting, fast-paced fintech environment for a mission driven company. The range for this role is $70,000-115,000 based on candidate location.
- As a member of MoCaFi's Legal & Compliance Team, you will coordinate with various stakeholders and functions across MoCaFi and its partners and:
- Manage aspects of legal operations, including support for contract life cycle management and associated registrations and filings, and compliance with other internal policies and third-party requirements.
- Support the commercial needs of the company (templates, playbooks, training, policies, logs, research, precedents, cardholder agreements) and support negotiation and completion of contracts, agreements, content releases, license agreements and other legal documents.
- Support marketing compliance obligations, including review and direct the legal and compliance approval process for our online, mobile and physical user experience such as the review of disclosures, notices, marketing, sales, cardholder agreements and communications, websites, social media and other materials to ensure timely delivery and compliance with applicable laws, and company and our bank partner(s) collateral guidelines, processes and policies.
- Maintain significant direct contact with our partner bank and other third-party partners.
- Maintain knowledge resources, develop marketing and contract best practices, process improvements, and conduct related training.
- Apply project management techniques to plan and lead small and large-scale undertakings.
- Corporate governance/fundraising support, including board minutes, logs, state, and other registration requirements.
- Stay up to date on leading law department processes to inform legal team of best practices and make recommendations to promote continuous improvement.
- Identify, implement and optimize systems and recommendations for new tools.
- Bachelor's Degree is required; Certification in Paralegal Studies is strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of experience with a focus on marketing, consumer protection, and contract law.
- Word, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency is a must; experience creating presentations, dashboards and other legal operation oriented software preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and strong planning, time management and organizational skills.
- Experience serving as primary point-of-contact for information management.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment and to identify and implement effective tools and efficiencies.
- Ability to work in a team environment while also being able to work independently to achieve collective goals and build balanced relationships with business partners.
- Proactive personality and eager to learn about the business, industry, and new areas of law.
Why you'll love working here:
- An empowering workplace that values initiative and critical thinking
- Work on achieving our financial inclusion mission
- A supportive and inclusive culture: recognizes contributions and celebrates wins
- A welcoming environment that appreciates your bringing your entire self to work
- Time to rest and recharge -- flexible time off policy as long as you can get your job done and make arrangements with your manager to cover you if needed
MoCaFi believes all persons should have equal access to its programs, facilities, and employment. This policy is without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital, or veteran status.