Legal Tech Solutions Engineer
About The Role
The Legal Tech Solutions Engineer will scope, design, plan and help the delivery of live client projects of scale and complexity, as well as support with pre-sales opportunities working with the business development and client teams. In this role, you can expect to get involved in a variety of work including:
- Being a technical expert in all legal tech tools licensed by CMS that could be applied to a solution.
- Being abreast of all newly released features and functionality of the tools, to bring this knowledge into active conversations and apply continual improvement measures to solutions in play.
- Support with scoping requirements of sales opportunities for large scale/ Managed Legal Service (MLS) opportunities, attending client meetings, working with different stakeholders around the firm to get a good understanding of the challenge faced.
- Support with the creation of workflow maps and supporting materials to understand current workflow and desired workflow.
- Be solution oriented in support of creating the right solution for the challenge at hand, creativity and curiosity are key skills.
- Attend regular project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to discuss progress, deadlines and potential issues. Some elements of project management will be required here to support delivery of components the Solutions Team will be on the hook to deliver and manage expectations of other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other Business Service teams throughout the firm who may have a role to play within the solution, and for you to maintain and sustain good relationships with stakeholders. This includes the Document Automation team, the Document and Design Centre, as well as the IT Apps team.
- Present/demonstrate to internal and external stakeholders of the state of the solution, along with questions and assumptions to confirm.
- Create and deliver of training to all stakeholders on the solution created, and supporting materials to support maintenance and the move of the project from set up to business as usual.
- Update and maintain documentation and supporting materials detailing the specifications of the technology solution, working with other delivery stakeholders to ensure understanding across the whole team.
- Reflect on the build of a solution, what could have been done differently for all stakeholders including the solutions team. Communicate and share learnings with the delivery team, along with the wider Legal Tech Team.
- Work with Legal Tech Product Managers on product roadmap, along with the introduction of new tools that could support the delivery of large and complex client projects.
- Work with Legal Technologists Team to share learnings and upskill wider team.
- Assist with the training and mentoring of new team members.
- We will invest in your ongoing training and development to support your professional goals and help you to thrive in your role from day one. To be considered for this role, you will:
- Have an enthusiasm for technology and who understands how it can be used to transform legal service delivery
- Be highly organised with the ability to prioritise and manage tasks on simultaneous projects.
- Be a logical self-starter who has a proactive approach to work as well as your own personal growth and development
- Have a curious and enquiring mind who can find creative solutions to challenging problems.
- Have (ideally) worked in a legal environment and have experience of building relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Have experience using legal tech tools such as HighQ, Contract Express and Kira - whilst this would be advantageous, it is not essential
At CMS, a next-generation mindset is woven into all we do. We're diverse, supportive and inclusive, embracing our corporate social responsibility and creating a culture of sustainability in which every one of our people, whatever their background, can maximise their potential and thrive. For further information about CMS' diversity initiatives and programmes, please view the Diversity & Inclusion pages on our website.
Please apply online or contact a member of the Talent Acquisition team if you have any questions. For information regarding our competitive range of benefits please visit our Rewards & Benefits page on our website.
Please note that CMS have a preferred agency panel in place. Only applications submitted via the portal at the point of instruction will be accepted.