Legal Technologist - Document Automation
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Addleshaw Goddard is a premium international business law firm with an exceptional breadth of services; we are known for the quality of our advice, the imagination we bring and the impact we make. We are a Firm which has innovation built into its DNA, no matter the challenge, we deliver bespoke, platforms for our clients, providing them with smart, usable solutions that are customised, collaborative and integrate into their businesses. We have been ranked the 7th Most Innovative Law Firm in Europe at the FT's Innovative Lawyer Awards 2018, and are multi- award winners for our legal technology, innovation and knowledge management delivery for clients.
To maintain this enviable reputation we are building a new document automation team who will work across our Firm. You will work closely with our Innovation and Legal Technology and Knowledge teams to build on our track record of successful automations using Contract Express, Clarilis and HighQ. We expect these to deliver measurable efficiencies to the Firm and our clients and become a model of industry best practice.
The role will be primarily focussed on document automation but you will be a part of a wider technology team. You will be exposed to all of the latest developments in the legal technology world and will have opportunities to work with these tools to further bespoke/improve our automation offering.
Your duties will include:
- provide technical expertise in the creation of new automation solutions
- design and implement automated document assembly solutions
- work collaboratively across internal teams including IT, Innovation & Legal Technology and Knowledge
- contribute to building, updating and maintaining automated products and providing support including trouble shooting, managing user access, setting up security etc
- dentify opportunities where automation technologies can assist with supporting internal clients
- identify opportunities for system enhancements and software upgrades allowing the firm to provide innovative solutions
- ensuring good relationships with software providers and internal clients
- establish and deliver training sessions to facilitate the transfer of technical knowledge to colleagues
- be aware of market trends and developments in the legal, automation and AI industries
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- an undergraduate law degree or equivalent education or experience
- business information systems qualification or equivalent experience
- relevant experience within a global law firm or professional services environment is preferred
- strong understanding of legal automation software and applied experience of implementing tools such as Clarilis, Contract Express, HighQ, HotDocs (or similar)
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- ability to work to tight deadlines and close attention to detail
- strong collaboration skills and experience, with an enthusiastic personality
- an innovative approach, with creative thinking and to be open to new ideas
- ability to work with people across all levels of the firm
- excellent presentation skills
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our lawyers find imaginative solutions to pivotal business problems for many of the world's most respected businesses.