Legal Engineer - Solutions Owner
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are currently looking for a dynamic Legal Engineer - Solution Owner to join our growing team. Simmons Wavelength is the home of legal engineering at Simmons & Simmons; using data engineering, process optimisation and creative design to deliver digitised solutions for our clients. We exist because the business of law is continually evolving; the scale, complexity and urgency of legal work is accelerating. New approaches to these challenges are needed.
We are aiming to develop a portfolio of productised services. A productised service is neither a product (available to a client within 5 minutes of committing) or a service (the traditional legal services model), but something in between. It is a pattern of activities, many of which can be automated or supported by technology, with the most complex elements left to be performed by legal fee earners.
To develop a productised service, we need a tight linkage between our scrum delivery teams and the legal subject matter experts within the law firm, and the Solution Owner performs this crucial linkage role.
We are looking for someone who:
- has 3+ years of experience of working in legal or professional services, particularly in Asset Management & Investment Funds and/or Financial Institutions
- has excellent stakeholder management skills and can communicate advanced concepts clearly to a diverse range of stakeholders
- excels in bridging the gap between business requirements and technical solutions
- is a confident speaker, able to share your knowledge and skills with colleagues and perhaps even larger audiences
- thrives in a fast-paced start-up like environment, can multitask and you are proactive
- wants to be part of a diverse and inclusive team, have great interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively relate to individuals at all levels and experience
- has a real willingness to learn, using your creative initiative!
It would also be great, but not essential, if you have:
- experience of working in an agile team
- experience working in a product management role
- experience working in a business analyst role
- experience leading the development of client solutions/productised services, including those which blend people, process and technology
- experience working with modern technologies used to deliver digital solutions in the professional services/corporate space
What will you do:
- Drive one of our agile multi-disciplinary market-facing scrum teams to deliver challenging, client-facing projects, being actively involved in growing our business from day one
- Define the scrum team solution(s) at the "objectives/ outcomes" level, creating Solution and Delivery Epic(s) and prioritising associated tasks
- Own the high-level Solution Roadmap (which is incorporated into the Wavelength Solution Roadmap)
- Support Origination with sales and marketing activity related to owned solution(s), as well as supporting pre-sales pitch activity on other Law+ opportunities, and development of general sales and outreach collateral
- Play an active role in the design, planning and execution of client projects
- Actively participate in our Wavelength Academy to grow and share skills and expertise contributing to team-wide professional development
- A willingness to flex and apply your skills to business activity in a way that meets the evolving and growing needs of our business.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The international law firm that acts as your business partner.