This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are currently looking for a dynamic Legal Engineer to join our growing team. Simmons Wavelength is the home of legal engineering at Simmons & Simmons; using data engineering, process optimisation and creative design to deliver digitised solutions for our clients. We exist because the business of law is continually evolving; the scale, complexity and urgency of legal work is accelerating. New approaches to these challenges are needed.
Joining one of our market-facing scrum teams, Legal Engineers deliver challenging, client-facing projects, using tools and skills to unlock new value, efficiencies and insights.
We are looking for someone who:
- has a degree, equivalent qualification or relatable work experience
- has 2-3 years of experience of working in the legal, data, design or tech sectors
- thrives in a team environment, can multi task and are proactive
- has excellent stakeholder management skills and can communicate advanced concepts clearly to a diverse range of stakeholders
- wants to be part of a diverse and inclusive team, have great interpersonal skills and
- can effectively relate to individuals at all levels and experience
- has a real willingness to learn, using your creative initiative!
It would also be great, but not essential, if you have:
- experience of working in an agile team
- experience of working with legal or other business professionals
- ability to speak confidently, able to share your knowledge and skills with colleagues and perhaps even larger audiences
What will you do:
- Work as part of an agile multi-functional team to understand and articulate client need through a combination of disciplines including law, data, design and technology
- Data extraction, report building and developing client facing solutions
- Gather and assess/analyse information from a range of sources by identifying business requirements, using the most appropriate methodology and sharing findings in visual, consumable formats
- Use information to critically assess options and to articulate and support the potential range of approaches that could be applied to problem solving
- Play an active role in the design, planning and execution of client projects
- Actively participate in our Wavelength Academy to grow and share skills and expertise contributing to team-wide professional development
- A willingness to flex and apply your skills to business activity in a way that meets the evolving and growing needs of our business
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The international law firm that acts as your business partner.