Ass. Director of Legal Technology
A law firm is looking for an Associate Director, Legal Technology to join their team in New York, NY.
Shift: Monday-Friday; 9:30 AM-5:30 PM
The Associate Director, Legal Technology will build key relationships with key stakeholders and provide strategic direction, and operational oversight by leading all phases of the application life cycle for all Legal technology solutions.
The right candidate will be extremely proficient in both the architectural aspects of legal business systems, as well as functional best practices for the teams they support. A skilled mentor and leader, this person will work closely with the IT team as well as business partners, including Knowledge Management, Legal Personnel, process excellence teams, and other cross-functional leaders. They will deliver and support, on time and within budget, a portfolio of products throughout the products life cycle. This role is an integral part of the IT Team and will be reporting to the Head of Global Applications in IT.
- Work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds
- Responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting, and tailoring the solutions to users
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to craft roadmap of feature enhancements for new, existing solutions and any technology migrations
- Work with fellow team members to align the overall strategy and development of new capabilities based on product growth, the current environment, and organizational capabilities
- Manage the product life cycle for the assigned area from inception through to execution, launch, and landing
- Engage with Business Partners, Architecture and Engineering to realize products and features
- Lead a team of internal or external specialists to deliver business results that scale
- Identify, design & drive strategic system enhancements and process improvement projects and identify opportunities to increase effectiveness while aligning processes with firm-wide systems, workflows, and strategies
- Partner and drive alignment with various cross functional leaders on enterprise-wide projects and initiatives related to Legal Technology
- Serve as a point of escalation for any project issues, identify roadblocks, develop mitigation plan and timely communicate project status to stakeholders.
- Manage vendors through selection process through to maximizing business value through product management.
- 12+ years of hands-on experience in the legal technology space
- Law Firm or Legal Tech background a must
- Hands on experience with requirements gathering and solution design. Past experience in configurations, testing, post-production support and documentation is a must.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Management of IT Vendors, Licenses, Budget, Project (Waterfall & Agile)
- Must be business & Technology savvy
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Strong understanding of business processes and the ability to define solutions to support and improve those processes
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- MBA a plus
- PMP, Agile or Scrum certification a plus