This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who we are
Jus Mundi is a search engine for international law and arbitration. Global legal professionals use Jus Mundi’s AI-powered technology to efficiently deliver thorough legal research and due diligence with full confidence.
Our mission is to provide easy & the most comprehensive access to international law & arbitration to strengthen the international rule of law.
Jus Mundi is used by leading international law firms, governments and corporates worldwide.
What we are looking for
Beyond the skills and work experience listed on a resume, Jus Mundi is interested in finding someone ambitious, curious, go-getter, but still humble. We take responsibility for good & bad things (no passing the blame).
Building trust with each other is crucial for us, and we work pretty hard to protect that trust.
We are primarily looking for candidates who are eager to participate in the company’s evolution and become a part of a multicultural team composed of people from several different countries and backgrounds.
Good to know
- You will be onboarded by all teams so that you understand everyone’s responsibilities & roles.
- We offer a good BSPCE plan (employee shares) to employees.
- Partial remote possible.
As the company's General Counsel, you will:
- Lead any legal topic relating to contracts, corporate, IP/IT, data protection and other relevant legal matters.
- Plan and implement our IP and data protection strategy.
- Draft and update contract templates and improve our contracting processes and policies.
- You will be involved in the definition and execution of the company's governance.
- Collaborate with the team to evolve the legal function by identifying opportunities to centralize knowledge and create processes with a technology-first, enablement-first approach.
- Monitor and provide guidance on the latest regulatory & legal developments to ensure the company's compliance with the issues that may impact us, including finance, governance, data protection, etc.
- Manage and follow up relationships with external counsels and litigation.
- Be responsible for building the legal team as the company grows.
You wish to join a multicultural, fast-paced team where collaboration is key.
- 6+ years of experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department, in an international environment. Previous experience in the early days of a fast-growing tech company is a big plus.
- Deep knowledge of and experience with corporate and commercial law, IP/IT law and data protection in French and US law. Bar qualification is a plus.
- Hands-on: you are proactive, take decisions and act accordingly.
- Excellent drafting, analytic and negotiating skills.
- Detailed-oriented with strong organizational and project management skills.
- High technical aptitude: you are able to understand Jus Mundi's technological environment and are expected to perform the legal function using state-of-the-art legal tech.
- Business-minded: you assess the risks and give practical and actionable advice and solutions.
- Strategic thinking: you see far ahead to put in place the legal protections that will allow Jus Mundi to grow in peace.
- Trustworthy: The critical nature of your role requires unfailing integrity.
- Networking and thought leadership: your voice resonates in the world of in-house counsel to position Jus Mundi as a respected and influential player.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, you are a team player!
Fluent in English and French (both written and spoken). Knowledge of other languages is a plus.
Master 2 or equivalent (JD) degree in law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
On a mission to provide easy & the most comprehensive access to international law & arbitration data.