Documents Suck. They contain the world's most important information, but most of that information is trapped merely as potential energy.
To unlock it, Nomio is building an engine to transform documents into usable data.
There's a huge amount of stored value waiting to be unleashed!
This is an incredible time to join Nomio
We're a very small team of A-players. For the last two years we've been building an insanely great early product on a tiny budget.
But now we've just been backed with a stealth £1.5M seed round by two top-tier VCs and a long list of ultra-successful technology entrepreneurs. Now is the time to level up.
Our Engineering Philosophy
Our first three employees are hardcore engineers (including the CEO!).
Our approach is not for everyone - we are thorough, disciplined, and hold ourselves to an exceptionally high standard.
We think that
- Code is a form of art.
- Simplicity is a first-class citizen.
- Deleting old code is just as important as writing new code.
It's not easy but it makes development a real joy.
What you'll be doing
We're looking for a generalist who wants to get their hands dirty. You'll be working across the entire stack, backend and frontend:
- Building new chunks of the product from start to finish (there's a LOT to build).
- Improving the performance and stability of our core infrastructure.
- Making your mark on tough product decisions (there is rarely a "correct" answer).
- Getting involved in every aspect of the company, not just the product.
What's our stack?
- Backend Python (Django, spaCy, TensorFlow)
- Frontend TypeScript, Figma
- Database PostgreSQL
- Code and CI / CD Github
- Deployment Docker, DigitalOcean
- Development Environment Macbook Pro, PyCharm
If you join us...
- We are incredibly organised, and write everything down in Notion.
- We only use the best tools and equipment, so you'll be getting a new Macbook Pro and 4K monitor (and whatever else you need to do a great job).
- There is no red tape.
- You'll need to be able to work from our office in London (UK) for at least 3 days per week once the pandemic settles down.
- There are definitely stock options.
Your application has been successfully submitted.