Director of Engineering
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Lupl is looking for a Director of Engineering to help build and grow our open industry platform for legal matters. You’ll be our first in-house technical hire and will serve as the primary technical resource for our platform including responsibility for coordinating a world class team of ~30 developers in the US and Romania. We’re looking for someone who can work across our internal teams, partners, and vendors to ensure our technical strategy is aligned to deliver on our vision of a more open and connected legal world.
- Set a technical vision for our platform enabling us to scale and rapidly grow our business.
- Own the technical roadmap and architectural strategy for the Lupl platform.
- Provide strategic guidance to senior management on key technical decisions.
- Serve as technical resource and trusted advisor to the development teams.
- Establish engineering standards to ensure a continuous move towards optimization and automation.
- Evaluate technical partnerships to ensure the organization is using the appropriate technology, software, and third-party tools.
We’re Looking for Someone Who Has:
- 7+ years of experience enabling product-led organizations to scale highly-performant platforms for web and mobile offerings.
- Hands-on experience developing externally-facing products, preferably in B2B, cloud-based applications.
- Ability to provide technical mentoring and architectural guidance to engineering teams.
- Experience leading integration frameworks and API architecture for SaaS platforms.
- Strong understanding of security and compliance standards as they relate to technical implementation.
- Highly collaborative, comfortable working across multiple teams and timezones to deliver results in the face of ambiguity.
- Track record of leading innovation through technology-driven organizations.
- Experience with multi-environment infrastructure and DevOps CI/CD best practices.
- Significant exposure to early/growth-stage start-up environments.
Nice to Haves:
- Direct experience with Microsoft Azure.
- Experience within a highly-regulated industry.
- Operated a SOC 2 / ISO Compliant Platform.
- Experience with microservices architectures.
If you don't meet 100% of these qualifications but you know you have what it takes to rock this job, we encourage you to apply!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Lupl is an open industry platform for legal matters, in development with the support of a global community of legal departments and law firms.