Legal Analyst (Privacy)
The Legal Analyst analyzes legal documents and conducts legal research to facilitate compliance with applicable laws and regulations and to manage legal responsibilities. Working independently under limited supervision, this job monitors project management standards for legal cases, litigation, and transactions. This job participates on one or more project teams for complex business area initiatives and performs monitoring, review and evaluation of on-going legal and/or compliance issues. This job may also monitor and analyze legislative and/or regulatory developments that affect the company's products and services (if applicable), correspond with outside counsel, and communicates findings to internal clients and/or multiple assigned areas.
Key Responsibilities And Duties
- Serves as a subject matter expert (SME) supporting on day-to-day performance of law and/or compliance related activities.
- Drafts and/or reviews standard legal contracts, pleadings, and other documents.
- Ensures understanding of applicable legal practice areas within the enterprise, as well as federal and state regulatory issues/processes, to provide efficient and accurate paralegal services.
- Identifies and implements enhancements to legal team processes.
- Oversees preparation of legal research reports.
- Provides comprehensive legal research and analysis concerning a variety of complex legal issues.
- Oversees preparation and filling of federal and/or state regulatory filings in a timely manner.
- Serves as liaison with assigned business areas and/or outside counsel and other vendors in coordinating and managing legal projects and requests.
- University (Degree) Preferred
- Work Experience
- 3+ Years Required; 5+ Years Preferred
Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
Additional Key Responsibilities And Duties
- Build relationships with the key stakeholders in business and support areas to actively promote a culture that is sensitive to identifying, measuring, mitigating and monitoring privacy requirements and risks.
- Work with 1st line business partners, as well as Enterprise Risk Management, Information Technology, Compliance to identify gaps, unusual trends, opportunities for controls enhancements, and support remediation of identified risks.
- Work with business partners to incorporate Privacy-by-Design and privacy-by-default into business and technology projects, processes, and development lifecycles.
- Oversees Data Processing Agreement processes
- Ensures understanding of applicable privacy federal and state regulatory issues/processes, to provide effective guidance for line of business projects, and standard operating procedures
- 3 years of experience supporting privacy law or compliance, and/or in a Privacy Office function
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with Privacy Impact Assessments/Data Privacy Impact Assessments and data processing records
- Experience with Data Processing Agreements
- Experience with U.S. federal, state, and international privacy laws and regulatory standards (e.g., GLBA, FCRA, State Data Breach Laws, NYDFS Cybersecurity Regulation, California Privacy laws, GDPR)
- Strong understanding of technology focused businesses
- A self-starter with excellent interpersonal, organizational, and leadership skills
- National law firm experience highly preferred
- University Degree
- Base Pay Range: $41.68/hr. - $69.46/hr.
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
TIAA is the leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. We offer a wide range of financial solutions, including investing, banking, advice and education, and retirement services.
Benefits And Total Rewards
The organization is committed to making financial well-being possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the well-being of our associates. That’s why we offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include a superior retirement program and highly competitive health, wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial well-being. To learn more about your benefits, please review our Benefits Summary.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Read more about the Equal Opportunity Law here.
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
Applicant And Desire a Reasonable Accommodation To Complete a Job Application Please Use One Of The Below Options To Contact Our Accessibility Support Team
If you are a U.S.
Phone: (800) 842-2755
Your application has been successfully submitted.