Tax/Legal Analyst (remote)
The Tax/Legal Analyst is responsible for research, configuration, ongoing maintenance and testing to ensure that ONESOURCE™ applications and offerings comply with tax laws in U.S. jurisdictions. The Tax/Legal Analyst manages ONESOURCE™ content related to federal, state, and local indirect taxes, fees, and regulations.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Research, analyze, interpret, and document tax laws and regulations to enable accurate tax determination and/or compliance
- Monitor tax statutes, regulations, legislative activity, court decisions, compliance forms, geographic boundaries and/or publications on a continuous basis to stay informed of changes in laws and regulations
- Implement new content and content changes within applications; complete work within prescribed content deadlines
- Effectively manage workflow dependencies and communicate/coordinate with peers and supervisors
- Design and analyze test scenarios to ensure content accuracy and functionality
- Correspond with tax authorities to obtain content requirements and resolve ambiguities in tax laws
- Research and respond to client inquiries in partnership with Customer Support
- Two (2) to four (4) years' relevant tax experience
- Detail-oriented with an aptitude for analysis and problem-solving including ability to source relevant documents, and interpret, analyze, and organize detailed legal material
- Ability to utilize online research tools (e.g. Checkpoint, Tax Analysts, WestLaw, etc.)
- Ability to consistently meet rigid and recurring deadlines and communicate progress/setbacks with peers and supervisors
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including ability to write white papers on tax and/or technical subjects
- Superior organizational skills with ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Intermediate to advance software skills (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Word, Access)
- Ability to work and learn independently, and follow instructions with minimal supervision
- Self-driven work ethic with ability to adapt to shifting demands and work in a collaborative team environment
- Written and spoken fluency in English
- Experience working for a public accounting firm or corporate tax department
- Knowledge of Indirect Tax, preferably excise taxes
- Experience with tax calculation and compliance software (e.g. ONESOURCETM)
- Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience researching, analyzing, and interpreting statutes and legislative changes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Government/Tax/Accounting/Finance is required
- JD, LLM, MBA or CPA/Chartered Tax Adviser preferred
What’s in it For You?
You will join our inclusive culture of world-class talent, where we are committed to your personal and professional growth through:
Hybrid Work Model: Currently the majority of our employees are working within a hybrid environment consisting of in-office and remote work, and following local COVID-19 bylaws and guidelines.
Culture: Globally recognized and award-winning reputation for equality, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, work-life balance, and more
Wellbeing: Comprehensive benefit plans; flexible and supportive benefits for work-life balance: company-wide Mental Health Day Off; Headspace app subscription; retirement, savings, tuition reimbursement, and employee incentive programs; resources for mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
Learning & Development: LinkedIn Learning access; internal Talent Marketplace with opportunities to work on projects cross-company; Ten Thousand Coffees Thomson Reuters café networking
Social Impact: Eight employee-driven Business Resource Groups; two paid volunteer days annually; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives for local and global impact
Purpose Driven Work: We have a superpower that we’ve never talked about with as much pride as we should – we are one of the only companies on the planet that helps its customers pursue justice, truth and transparency. Together, with the professionals and institutions we serve, we help uphold the rule of law, turn the wheels of commerce, catch bad actors, report the facts, and provide trusted, unbiased information to people all over the world.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Thomson Reuters complies with local laws that require upfront disclosure of the expected pay range for a position. The location(s) for this role include one or more of the following (New York City, San Francisco, Culver City). The base compensation range for the role in any of those locations is $55,400 - $102,900. The location(s) for this role include one or more of the following states (CA, CO, CT, NV, WA) and/or remote. The base compensation range for the role in any of those locations is $50,400 - $93,600. This role may also be eligible for an Annual Bonus based on a combination of enterprise and individual performance. Base pay is positioned within the range based on several factors including an individual’s knowledge, skills and experience with consideration given to internal equity. Base pay is one part of a comprehensive Total Reward program which also includes flexible and supportive benefits and other wellbeing programs.
Your application has been successfully submitted.