KM Program Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Ogletree Deakin’s Knowledge Management (KM) department has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join the KM Innovation & Solutions team. This is a new and dynamic role that will include end-to-end ownership of the entire project management lifecycle for the department’s product and solution development efforts. The primary role of the KM Project Manager is to provide portfolio management of all assigned projects and lead cross-functional project teams in defining scope, goals, and deliverables that support the business needs of the firm and our clients. This position is also expected to provide thought leadership on process improvement and drive efforts to improve and standardize the KM department’s approach to product development and project management. Additional responsibilities of the Project Manager include managing project resources, including staff, vendors, and budget and leading the creation, implementation, and efficient execution of all KM Innovation & Solutions team project and product roadmaps. This position will work closely with KM leadership, the firm Project Management Office (PMO), and internal colleagues and clients of various levels of authority. This position may sit in Atlanta, GA, Austin, TX, Chicago, IL, Dallas, TX, Nashville, TN, Greenville, SC, New York, NY, Los Angeles, CA or Washington, DC.
- Lead projects using appropriate delivery methodology (e.g., waterfall, Agile, Scrum, hybrid) and create and maintain project-related documentation and create a framework for consistent project execution.
- Lead sprint ceremonies, including daily stand-ups, sprint planning, stakeholder demos, sprint review, retrospective, and backlog grooming.
- Work with stakeholders and business analysts to understand and analyze business needs, and prepare business case documentation for proposed projects, including budget and resource requirements.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks, remove blockers and develop contingency plans, as needed, to keep teams highly productive and projects on track.
- Prepare and send project-related communications and progress reports, including the tracking of milestones, budget, project dependencies, and risks.
- Effectively communicate project expectations and status to team members, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the firm’s project management office (PMO) and other groups to identify and manage dependencies with other internal or external efforts.
- Provide metrics and status to senior management.
- Mentor team members on Agile/Scrum best practices.
- Develop standardized practices, procedures, and tools to be implemented uniformly across all assigned projects.
- Track and report on KM Innovation & Solutions project and product portfolio metrics.
- Develop and conduct training on project management processes for the KM Department.
- Provide leadership, training, coaching, and guidance to staff.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Labor and employment law firm representing management in every aspect of labor and employment-related legal matters.