Full Stack/Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
Kudocs is a legal tech SaaS that tackles the avoidable pain, time and costs of company secretarial tasks and duties. Founded by lawyers who identified that these tasks and duties were repetitive and disproportionately time consuming – therefore ideal for systemisation.
Kudocs makes it fast and easy to perform and manage ‘routine' aspects (e.g. maintaining registers and filing Companies House documents) as well as more complex actions (e.g. share capital changes, share issues/ transfers, officer changes). The system is used by professional advisors internally to provide existing services more efficiently and/or or can be used by businesses directly (or in collaboration with professional advisors).
Kudocs has been commercially active since summer 2019. It has had very encouraging interest and sales, including multiple major law firms signed up to date, and encouraging MRR and a strong pipeline.
Core team of 5:
- Executive chairman (actively involved)
- Tech lead (Full Stack)
- Front end developer
- Back end developer
We started with a relatively junior team and built an innovative, impressive and robust system, tackling and resolving a wide range of challenges to build a complex product. We hired a tech lead in Q3 2020 who has already brought many changes and improvements to the stack and working practices.
We are now looking to hire a full stack developer to help the team move to the next level.
Role & Responsibilities
This role will suit an existing full stack developer or a senior developer looking to take the next step in their career to become “full stack”. The right candidate will be hands on, energetic and be able to work in a fast moving start up.
The work will comprise of refactoring techniques/best practices to improve existing code, adding more/better test coverage, developing new features, dev-ops (architecture, optimisation, review apps, deployment scripts etc) and - as in any fast moving start up with a small and energetic team - anything else that crops up. You will have exposure to the full development life cycle of a ROR web application.
The ability to leverage existing skills as well as being able to learn new skills quickly will be important.
- Developing alongside the current team – i.e. delivering your own work.
- Improving code base – going forward (and retrospectively where appropriate).
- Mentoring the team – working with others to help them improve, including how best to understand challenges and improve solutions, improve code quality and testing/review procedures, etc.
- Product contribution – we are not afraid of letting our team own features from spec to delivery.
- Support - running of existing applications, upgrades, bug fixing, maintenance, etc.
- 5+yrs of web software development experience using Ruby on Rails.
- Software Development - design patterns & best practices.
- Refactoring techniques.
- Test Driven Development.
- General UX and UI experience – enough to make insightful contributions and keep in touch with current trends.
- Experience of ownership of the full development life cycle of product features.
- Works and actively enjoys working in a team and supporting others.
- Good communicator.
- Experience in legal tech is nice, but not necessary.
- Excellent verbal/written English
- Ruby on Rails
- Circle CI
- PostgresSQL database
- REST API
- AWS S3
- Competitive salary
- Remote working
- Equity available
Your application has been successfully submitted.