Legal Process Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Our Practice Services department has an excellent opportunity for a Legal Process Engineer in the Seattle, Atlanta, Dallas, or Columbus offices, but other Firm locations may also be considered. This is an exempt position that reports to the Legal Process Engineer Manager. This role will champion the development of innovative technologies and processes to help the Firm better serve its clients and create a competitive advantage. The Legal Process Engineer will support key projects and initiatives focusing on improving process across all six core practice areas, and will support projects on intelligent automation, research and development on emerging technology, integrating technology into our legal services, and projects to support our clients achieve their digital strategy.
- Consult on and implement advanced legal technologies in collaboration with diverse leadership, attorneys, and clients.
- Manage the collection of business requirements and implementation deliverables for California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) data mapping or similar initiatives.
- Facilitate taking business requirements and translating those needs to key developers as well as helping to build appropriate solutions.
- Support use case identification and serve as a collaborative team member toward the deliverables of process or document automation projects.
- Work closely with legal practice teams to create a deep understanding of legal process in order to recommend the best solution, whether technology or process improvement, to optimize client service delivery.
- Develop expertise in technology and workflow solutions relevant to the position.
- Help educate attorneys on emerging tech and maintain a virtuous feedback loop.
- Proactively use the most current technology to further teamwork, client service, and efficiency.
- Manage projects using agile project planning and support requirement specifications of the Project Management Office (PMO).
- Develop strong understanding of advanced technologies and trends in the industry as they pertain to law firms and demonstrate knowledge of the range of technologies available to deliver superior legal services.
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend best in class advanced technology tools that align with the strategic imperatives of the Firm and provide attorneys with opportunities to increase efficiency when serving clients. This includes contributing to the Emerging Tech Dashboard and gaining knowledge around products, use cases, and competitive intelligence.
- Build strong relationships across the firm, external networks, and with clients.
- Other duties as requested and assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree is required with a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. MLS or MBA is a plus, JD is preferred. Law firm or legal department experience is highly desirable.
- Experience consulting on or implementing modules related to data subject access requests, cookie compliance, data management, or data privacy systems (such as OneTrust) is highly desired.
- Thorough understanding of advanced legal technologies that can be applied to Firm operations and enhance working efficiency. Demonstrated ability to employ software at the power-user competence level. Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint. Demonstrated proficiency with Access or other database applications. Proven aptitude to learn new software applications.
- Strong analytical and communication skills in both oral and written formats. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from all levels of professionals, support staff, and clients. Ability to manage and exceed expectations and to exhibit a high degree of responsiveness, diplomacy, and professionalism in these interactions.
- A strong client service approach and team orientation. Strong project management skills. Project and team management experience with attention to detail and a willingness to “roll up sleeves” and operate at whatever level is needed to accomplish tasks. A tolerance for uncertainty and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines. Ability to work with little supervision and collaborate with other members of the team.
- General knowledge of accounting principles, auditing, and internal control concepts. Ability to coordinate the activities of department resources. Ability to demonstrate impeccable integrity in personal and fiduciary matters and to exercise discretion with confidential and sensitive information.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Baker & Hostetler LLP is an AmLaw 100 firm with nearly 1,000 attorneys, providing advice and counsel to clients worldwide.