Information Governance Business Analyst
Working under the direction of the Information Governance (IG) Department Operations Manager, the Information Governance Business Analyst will oversee various on-going IG department operations, as well as long-term IG department initiatives based on sub-department priorities. This position involves data analysis with an emphasis on proper eDiscovery processes and procedures. Requires coordination among IT teams, including Messaging and iManage, as well as internal litigation support teams in eDiscovery. Provides technical guidance and eDiscovery best practices to ensure the overall integrity of data identification and collection. Serves as eDiscovery resource for IG department teams.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Oversee, monitor, and analyze various on-going IG department operations, including the identification and collection of electronic data in response to legal holds and document productions with an emphasis on eDiscovery processes and procedures.
- Keep current with eDiscovery best practices, particularly with respect to the use of technology to search for, identify, and collect data.
- Troubleshoot data analysis and data governance issues, and apply established IG and eDiscovery principles to improve and standardize workflows.
- Analyze and document existing processes and procedures, and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Work with project managers on multiple projects to ensure project scope, milestones and deadlines are met.
- Implement Firm policies and procedures in support of the Information Governance framework.
- Special projects and additional duties as assigned and directed.
- Minimum 2 - 4 years of related working experience, law firm familiarity preferred.
- Knowledge of legal software and other IT applications and software, such as Windows Office Suite, iManage, Milan, ServiceNow, and Active Directory.
- Knowledge of and experience with structuring Outlook and document management system searches using search terms, date ranges, Boolean logic, and search syntax.
- Knowledge of and experience using or supporting eDiscovery software applications for review and production of files, such as Relativity or CloudNine.
- Strong written, communication, organization, resource management and problem solving skills.
- ACEDS or other eDiscovery certification a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree
This position may be filled in New York City, Colorado, or California. In accordance with the New York City Human Rights Law, the Colorado Equal Pay Act, and the California Pay Transparency Law, the pay range for this position in New York City is $73,000 - $109,400/yearly, in Colorado is $63,800 - $95,800/yearly, and in California is $69,900 -$114,000/yearly. These ranges are specific to these three locations and may not be applicable to other locations. An individual's actual compensation will depend on the individual's qualifications and experience.
Benefits: Four weeks paid time off per year, increasing every 5 years; ten paid holidays per year; comprehensive health (PPO and HDHPs), dental and vision plans including for domestic partners; life and AD&D insurance; short and long term disability insurance; FSA or HSA for medical; dependent care FSA; AFLAC and umbrella coverage available; Employee Assistance Program; 401(k) Plan, with profit sharing components; pre-tax transit and parking program; up to 12 weeks disability/parental leave; backup child/adult care/senior care planning through Care@Work; Rethink Benefits.
Benefits may vary by position and office.
Holland & Knight is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran or any other protected class.
Personal Information collected from applicants will be used for the purpose of processing the application throughout any recruitment or employment process, as well as inclusion in a personnel file. Categories of data collected may include name, address, phone numbers, email, Social Security Number, and signature. Holland & Knight may collect further information if you consent to a background check. This includes criminal background, employment, and certifications. Please visit Legal Information for Holland & Knight LLP’s privacy policies.
Your application has been successfully submitted.