Legal Analyst (Remote)
6+ Month Contract Position
Must be near - Minneapolis, MN 55402
Our client is looking to add a Legal Invoice Analyst that will be responsible for the prompt, accurate and efficient auditing of electronically submitted legal fee and expense invoices, submitted by law firms and vendors of a large property and casualty insurer. The candidate will be responsible for making adjustments to invoice line item entries, where those line item entries violate provisions of the relevant billing guidelines and documenting justification for such adjustments.
The Legal Invoice Analyst will provide guidance to business unit partners regarding issues or opportunities within the LBR process
• Efficiently and accurately review legal invoice entries.
• Receive legal bill assignments from any team lead or senior manager(s) and/or work the intake queue for self-assignments.
• Verify the compliance to legal billing guidelines by law firms and vendor submitting invoices.
• Verify the accuracy of the UTBMS task codes (Fee, Activity and Expense codes) applied to invoice line items.
• Document reasons for any adjustments made to invoice line items, identifying the billing guideline violated and the rationale for the amount adjusted.
• Forward the audited legal bill through the review chain as required.
• Support internal senior manager(s) in addressing requests for reconsideration of adjusted amounts by law firms.
• Support internal senior manager(s) in documenting performance metrics for internal use and use with clients and law firms.
• Communicate and coordinate with audit team members
• Excellent ability to review, analyze and evaluate legal fee and cost/expense invoice entries and to exercise discretion and sound judgment when making audit and adjustment decisions.
• Strong understanding of legal terminology and claims legal situations, multijurisdictional exposure preferred.
• Excellent computer skills with the ability to learn the electronic legal bill submission and auditing software
• Excellent spelling and proofreading skills
• Effective communication skills - ability to obtain information from others and deliver information to others orally and in written form
Your application has been successfully submitted.