Want to make complexity accessible, empower users and contribute to the development of the human-centric practice of law?
We are looking for a legal copywriter in charge of transforming our clients’ legalese documents into action tools for users, while retaining the exact same legal scope.
Your goal is to ensure the end-user will easily and swiftly understand what he/she reads and be empowered to act based on this information. In addition, you’re motivated by finding the right tone in each project, which will fully engage users and resonate with them.
Your day to day
- Participate in the facilitation of user-centric workshops with other team members to fully understand users’ needs and frustration and use this raw-material as a basis for redrafting the documents
- Redraft and restructure legal documents to ensure they are truly user-centric. Using your expertise in plain legal language, your role is to find the tone of voice that will engage users and to address their needs, while fully retaining the same legal scope as the original document.
- Exchange with a multidisciplinary team to learn from each other and contribute to all aspects of the project through collective work sessions.
- Contribute to the communication strategy of the agency, by writing articles and blog posts for legal, innovation and design journals and for our social media communication.
- You want to make complexity accessible: you are not afraid to tackle complex documents and thrive in making complexity accessible to your readers through plain language content.
- You are curious and innovative at heart: you are always looking for new ways to learn and improve yourself and your methods, always aiming to provide the best quality work possible
- You are a team player: While writing is a very personal time, you like to share and present your work to your colleagues and clients and thrive when working as a team.
- You are pragmatic and organized: You can handle several missions at the same time and are able to deliver your work as part of a wider project
- You have an impeccable grammar and strong editorial skills, both in English and French
- A legal background and/or experience in the legal field is required
- Strong editorial skills and at least 2-3 years expertise as a copywriter or journalist targeting a non-specialist audience
- You are fluent both in French and English
- Multidisciplinary profiles are welcomed – we’d love to know more about you !
Who are we?
We are a legal innovation by design agency – our goal at Amurabi is to make law accessible, actionable and engaging. We work to reconcile users and the law, to ensure access to justice and democracy.
We are a team of doers and problem-solvers, always pushing boundaries to find new ways to bring the law closer to its users. We are determined to reach a systemic impact and truly change the way law is perceived and practiced through a wide diversity of projects.
We are a small team, delivering big projects! Our team is multidisciplinary, with lawyers, designers, experts in neurosciences from diverse backgrounds and culture and we’d love for you to join us!
We work with a great variety of renown and recurring clients, such as Google, Moët Hennessy, The Serpentine Galleries, Perrotin, the CNIL, the ENM (French national school for judges), French Prime Minister Services (DILA), OVH Cloud, Sofia Genetics, Orange, Ubisoft, Maif, Geodis, DILA, Shiseido, EDF, Aviva Investors…
As soon as possible!
Undefined Duration Contract (CDI)
In our beautiful offices (from September on), within FaberNovel historic and beautifully designed building
46 rue Saint Lazarre – 75009 - Paris
Sounds like you?
Get in touch at email@example.com and explain to us in a few lines why legal innovation by design resonates with you. Please send us an extract of a piece of work you are proud of, as well as your CV.
Your application has been successfully submitted.