Senior Product Manager
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager who can help manage our product roadmap, and achieve our mission of becoming Canada’s go-to platform for end-of-life planning.
You will take ownership of key parts of the Willful user experience, guiding the delivery of high-impact features and initiatives. As part of our small and collaborative team, you’ll report to me, Julia (COO), and will work closely with Matt (CTO), Barry (Director of Design), and cross-functionally with each department within the company. Tracy (Conversion Manager) will be on your team and we look forward to seeing how you’ll grow your team in the future. You’ll love to hear from you if you have a blend of technical expertise alongside strategic vision, and are comfortable in a dynamic startup environment.
- Guiding the product and delivery teams in delivering ideas from inception through execution.
- Aligning the product roadmap with the Willful mission and vision to deliver products and features that are most meaningful to our users.
- Prioritizing new products and features to have the most impact on the business and its customers.
- Balancing priorities using a continuous streams approach that allows for new feature development alongside ongoing management of bugs, technical debt, and other maintenance work.
- Collecting information and data from inside and outside the business to assess the existing product and inform future product direction.
- Taking ownership of our product-related analytics stack to empower your team to make data-driven decisions.
- Working collaboratively with key areas of the business, such as marketing, the delivery team, customer support, and more to manage and execute the product go-to-market plan.
- Defining and contributing to the company’s success metrics and OKRs, support the team to achieve them, and track teams' progress toward them.
- Developing a system to quantifiably evaluate product decisions as they relate to the company forecast.
- Working with the Conversion Manager, lead and execute on an experimentation process that builds a culture of constant iteration, testing, and confidence.
- Communicating product priorities to stakeholders, and balance requests from all areas (and levels) of the business to clearly communicate why things are being prioritized.
As Senior Product Manager at Willful, you will have a significant impact on the success of our product and the opportunity to help shape the product team, culture, and processes.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- Experience: You have worked as a Sr. Manager of Product, Product Owner, or a Director of Product at a company delivering software products or services directly to consumers. You have experience leading the product roadmap at a leading or high-growth technology company.
- Deliberate: You don’t just implement solutions, you use a deliberate process to develop hypotheses and experiments that are designed to validate ideas, optimize the product and understand how to best solve customers’ needs.
- Strategic Mindset: You define actionable timing and priorities to develop short and long-term plans that tie to the Willful mission and vision. You’re not just focused on what we’re building next sprint; rather you’re thinking about how the 3-6 month roadmap fits in seamlessly with the long-term vision.
- Data-driven: You have an analytical mindset and experience with product analytics platforms such as Amplitude and Hotjar. You have the ability to derive insights from data and love using it to make user-focused product decisions.
- Empathetic: You have a strong sense of empathy, have a desire to solve real problems for Canadians, and enjoy working directly with customers to understand their needs.
- Responsive communicator: You’re comfortable working in a highly cross-functional role, collaborating with and demonstrating your work to stakeholders across the business. You welcome differing perspectives.
- Resourceful: As a small team, we need people who can find the answer to any question. You’ll learn anything you need to to get your job done.
- Entrepreneurial: You take an owner’s approach to growth; you are committed to your work at Willful and want to share in the company’s success.
We don’t care where you went to school - or if you went to school - as long as you have a proven track record of success building software. If you don’t check every box, but you can show us a product you’ve successfully built in the past— we encourage you to apply.
Work where you want to
We’re looking for the right product manager to join our team, so this role isn’t limited by geography and can be 100% remote. The only requirement is that you must be legally able to work in Canada. Willful offers flexible work-from-home options. If you are based in Toronto, you’ll be working 100% remotely until COVID-19 restrictions lift. Eventually, we will be implementing a flexible WFH/ WFO schedule, the Willful HQ is located at Wellington & Portland.
June 2021 (flexible start date)
- Competitive salary and participation in employee stock option plan;
- Sun Life benefits plan including health, dental, and vision;
- Choice of $500 perk: a health spending account (HSA) OR as RRSP matching through Wealthsimple for Employees;
- An annual education budget to develop your existing skills or learn a new skill set;
- Shortened summer hours, and company-wide “recharge” days off in December in addition to your vacation time;
- Competitive parental leave policy;
- Flexible work hours to accommodate both work and home life;
- Opportunities for coaching and mentorship in engineering and product;
- Work in a maintained and modern codebase - we value tests, refactoring, and quality;
- Fun, inclusive quarterly team events and regular team lunches (currently virtual).
Post COVID-19 considerations...
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks
- Accommodating work from home schedule
- Casual dress code in a creative office environment
- Annual team retreat
Your application has been successfully submitted.