This job is no longer accepting applications.
Job Opportunity Details
The Product Director leads our Product R&D team and reports to the President. This is a 100% remote (even post-pandemic) full-time (40 hrs/week) position (although it could be scoped at part-time (32 hrs/week) depending on the needs of the right candidate). Our team works 9am-5pm CT, Monday–Friday.
Base salary starts at $70,000, but may vary depending on qualifications and experience. We also offer professional development, benefits (profit-sharing, retirement matching, and healthcare allowance), flexible vacation, and a great team of people you can be proud to work with every day.
Your Roles & Responsibilities
You have the desire, skills, and experience needed to lead the following activities, all of which require a high-level attention to detail, organization, and systems-thinking:
Lawyerist Leadership Team Member: This role sits on our executive leadership team along with the CEO, President, and other team leads. Responsibilities and skills needed include:
- Providing strategic thinking for the company and working to establish and maintain long-range goals, plans, policies and short-term priorities to promote sustainability and growth.
- Participating in weekly leadership meetings and quarterly leadership retreats to identify company-level issues and opportunities. Our team follows the tools and best practices of the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) by Gino Wickman.
- Effectively manage a high-performing product team and outside contractors; conduct regular 1:1s with team members to provide performance feedback and guide professional growth opportunities; and perform quarterly reviews. We are big fans of Pat Lencioni and his teachings around building effective teams.
- Industry knowledge. Lawyerist is building data-driven tools that can dramatically impact the way our audience interacts with our company. As a result, this role must have familiarity with product development methodologies, user-centered design, project management, software development, and data-driven design or data science.
Product R&D Team Lead: This role collaborates with the leadership team to create our strategy and roadmaps for data-driven tools/products to develop or improve. Specific responsibilities and skills needed include:
- Own the product planning and execution for existing tools and those in development throughout the product life cycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, creating a business case for the product, and ensuring the product’s vision is in line with the company’s larger strategic vision.
- Lead the product development team to develop, deliver, and improve winning products for the company, including:
- Scoping and prioritizing product or feature development
- Receiving and managing stakeholder input and communication
- Managing timelines and development deadlines
- Conducting user experience testing
- Running beta and pilot programs
- Understanding market competitors and working collaboratively with our team to best position our products
- Ensuring team members are trained on using products
- Working with the responsible team on product rollout and promotion
- Capturing user feedback, and analyzing relevant performance data and looking for ways to improve our products and development process
- For context, some of the current tools/products we offer to our communities include:
- A business dashboard that allows small law firms to see their firm’s overall health
- Small Firm Scorecard
- A financial KPI Scorecard
- An ad dashboard that allows partners who advertise with us view ad performance
- A product recommendation tool based on specific inputs from users
- Manage a team of outside vendors to ensure products are completed as scoped, on time, and within budget
- Track and document narratives and details on research and development projects for annual tax credit filings
Lab Community Coach: As an expert in their field, this role coaches members of our paid coaching community (Lawyerist Lab) on project management or other areas of expertise. Specifically, this role may:
- Conduct 1:1 coaching with community members, lead workshops and webinars, or facilitate group coaching calls.
- Approximately 10 hours per month
Your Skills, Passions, and Personality
If you are a product director who is skilled at project management, looking for a new opportunity at a fast-paced small business that is focused on improving the lives and businesses of small firm lawyers around the country, we hope you apply. Other traits we are looking for:
- Proven success in a similar role
- Preference for knowledge of the legal industry or a professional service industry
- An in-depth understanding of product development best practices with the ability to jump in and immediately add value to our team
- Someone who is personable, professional, and able to quickly establish rapport with others including the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with team members and respected partners outside of the organization.
- Proven ability to coach and lead successful teams
- Desire to achieve specific data-driven metrics and flexibility to adjust course to ensure goals are accomplished
- Driven by an iterative process and desire for continuous improvement
- Designated professional, quiet space and a fast and reliable internet connection
- Ability to work with a distributed team including using technology to regularly communicate and collaborate with team members
- Available to travel to in-person team meetings or industry conferences (typically 4–5 times per non-pandemic year)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Guilding healthier law firms.