Legal Project Coordinator
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to come onboard as a Legal Project Coordinator within our Service Exellence team in London.
The successful candidate will support the legal project managers in the delivery of complex matters across our four International Practice Groups (Corporate& Commercial, Financial Markets, Dispute Resolution and Employment).
The analytical and co-ordinations skills of the LPC is a vital role in enabling the LPM to influence the delivery of legal matters. They will work closely with the LPM to provide key data and information to inform decision making. This role requires a forward-thinking individual that can look beyond the data to support some of our most complex projects.
What will you do:
The Legal Project Coordinator will report to the Head of Service Excellence, with daily operational management and oversight by the Service Excellence LPM Lead. This is primarily a fee earning role followed closely by coaching fee earners in the use of project management. They will have a dual focus.
Legal Project Management
- Support the legal project managers in developing and updating project plans.
- Provide updates to the legal project managers in relation to matter costs.
- Track matter deliverables using appropriate tools to facilitate reporting.
- Maintain project logs e.g. risk and issue registers, lesson logs, change logs.
- Monitor and report on the progress of matters to all stakeholders.
- Compile information for inclusion in reports e.g. matter progress, issues, solutions.
- Provide input into end stage matter evaluations and assessment of results.
- Ensure project management toolkit is up to date and available to all team members.
- Client facing as required.
- Develop tools, techniques, and best practice.
Service Excellence Standard
- Work with fee earners in the delivery of complex legal mattes using the Service Excellence Standard based on best practice project management.
- Support the Head of Service Excellence in maintaining a high reputation for delivery across the firm.
- Build a credible relationship with Partners across the firm on the use of the Service Excellence Standard.
- Coach fee earners in the application of the Service Excellence Standard.
- Working collaboratively with our Marketing & Business Development in identifying opportunities for Legal Project Management.
What we are looking for:
Essential skills and experience:
- Project support experience in consultancy or professional services firms.
- Using their analytical skills and insights to strategically inform the matters.
- Knowledge of the whole project life cycle covering scoping, planning, execution, and closure.
- Good client facing skills, working with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high pressured, detail-oriented environment.
- Ability to use initiative and independent judgment with excellent troubleshooting, decisions-making, and follow-through skills.
- Proactive and forward thinking - seeing opportunities and risks.
- Excellent presentation, written, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent IT skills, in particular Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Production of high-quality documentation.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Able to work effectively as part of a diverse and inclusive team.
- Ability to influence and strong personal presence.
- Financial literacy/understanding of law firm financials and performance metrics.
Here at Simmons & Simmons:
We believe our people define us. Our working environment is genuinely collegiate with a supportive atmosphere and team ethos - we have a reputation for being a friendly culture which we are very proud of. An inclusive and diverse culture, our innovative approach and being truly international are just a few more things that make us, us.
Competitive Offer Package including bonus's dependant on role/level, private medical insurance & pension contribution to name a few.
Our global skills academy provides our people - regardless of their role and location - with the best learning opportunities the firm has to offer (including podcasts, short videos, live workshops and practical learning experiences).
Dress 'for your day' Code.
Hybrid working approach of 2 days a week required in the office with flexibility dependant on role/team/client demands.
A wide range of international offices including: Hong Kong; Dubai; Tokyo; Dublin; Milan; Bristol; Madrid; Singapore.
All offices have their own artwork collections - with a Damien Hurst and a Tracey Emin in the London office. We have a long standing history in supporting the art community especially up and coming artists.
The creation of Simmons & Simmons Solutions - bringing together the best legal advice from our established legal teams with non-traditional capabilities that enhance, expand and differentiate the Simmons offering.
Top 50 Employer for Social Mobility in the Social Mobility Employer Index 2021 (we have received this award five times).
We have Social and Sport Committees contributing to Xmas & Summer parties, end of month social and various sporting events.
We also have a range of Diversity Network Groups including LGBT+, Emerge (Race & Ethnicity) and The Number One Club (Women's network) who have organised various talks and events firmwide.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position then please contact the Recruitment Team with any questions. To apply for the role please click on the link at the bottom of the page/visit the career pages on our website, where there is also a detailed job description.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The international law firm that acts as your business partner.