Legal Project Management Technology & Operations Analyst
Role Location: Any Baker McKenzie Office or Center in EMEA (except London, Amsterdam, or Paris)
To assist with all aspects of supporting Legal Project Management (LPM) including finance and operations, and systems and technology, enabling the LPM team to focus on people, profitability and client (internal and external) outcomes.
To work closely with the LPM Tech & Ops Lead to support LPM goals and metrics; day-to-day department operations, including reporting, dash-boarding, budgeting, and financial management; change management and continuous improvement of LPM service delivery.
To support LPM colleagues and legal stakeholders in the Firm on client and internal projects by helping teams to leverage existing Firm technologies and embed data-driven project management best practice.
- Contribute to special strategic projects and initiatives led by LPM Tech & Ops Lead as delegated by the Director of Legal Project Management
- Assist with identifying, and executing on critical business change management initiatives, and high priority strategic and process improvement projects across LPM with a focus on standardizing, simplifying and streamlining processes; implementing mechanisms to track, measure and report on results and benefits
- Support the continual improvement of firm financial and project reporting on projects by defining and championing business user needs
- Facilitate capacity tracking and demand management for new and existing projects
- Assist with implementation and ongoing support of new technology, including working closely with other technical experts in the firm to support the testing and rollout of new technologies
- Work with diverse global teams to solve data-related challenges on client projects, and help develop solutions to empower non-expert users of technology
- This role may require some regional and some global travel driven by internal and external events related to LPM
About The Team
The Firm's Professional Services function works closely with our Partners and fee-earners to deliver comprehensive, high quality and high value services to our clients. It is geared towards improving operational and financial performance, and constantly rethinking the services we offer, as well as developing new innovative solutions and platforms. The core teams within Professional Services are:
- Business Management
- Legal Operations
- Pricing Excellence
- Legal Project Management
- Global eDiscovery and Data Advisory
- Service Design
- Alternative Legal Services
This role will report to the LPM Technology & Operations Lead.
The key relationships of this role are with the Associate Director, LPM Regions and LPM colleagues.
About the Candidate
- Technical skills, qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a significant data analytics/data science focus
- Extensive experience working in large complex organizations ideally in a law firm or professional services firm
- Strong technology background with the ability to quickly learn and master new technologies
- Proven ability to work with technical and non-technical stakeholders to identify, define and solve business problems
- Excellent written and verbal English communication
- Superior data analysis skills including mastery of Microsoft Excel
- Experience working with databases and / or workflow automation tools is desirable
- Proven skills, knowledge and experience in preparing reports, executive summaries and status reports for consumption by the Firm's leadership and clients
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in data visualization and modelling
- Ability to interact and build trusted relationships with all levels of the organisation and across geographical and cultural boundaries
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Proactive and highly motivated approach ; a self-starter with strong initiative and the ability to learn quickly
- Adept problem solver
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Recruitment Team on either 020 7919 1000 or Recruitment.London@bakermckenzie.com
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact in confidence, Vanessa Renforth, Recruitment Manager, on +442070725731 or Vanessa.Renforth@Bakermckenzie.com
Please review our Applicant Privacy Notice here - https://bakermckenzie.admin.onenorth.com/en/london-applicant-privacy-notice
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Your application has been successfully submitted.