Legal Technology Applications Lawyer
Toronto, ON, Canada
STIKEMAN ELLIOTT LLP, is seeking a client focused and technologically savvy lawyer to work closely with lawyers and clients leveraging legal technology applications and products on leading-edge mandates. In this position you will use your proficiency with technology combined with your legal knowledge and experience to provide hands-on support in the implementation and adoption of a range of technologies and automated services. This is a progressive opportunity for a creative thinker who enjoys private practice and sees the opportunity to serve clients through an alternative career in innovation and legal technology, working with an industry leading dynamic team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creating solutions to meet client needs using market leading legal technologies;
- Training lawyers on the use of new legal technologies, and developing and implementing strategies to drive adoption;
- Supporting practicing lawyers using legal technologies on client files as a member of the legal team;
- Managing pilots of potential new legal technologies; and
- Staying abreast of new legal technologies and innovative technology solutions.
The successful candidate will have:
- 1-4 years of corporate/commercial transactional experience at a large firm.
- Excellent academic credentials with an LLB or equivalent.
- An affinity for technology combined with a keen interest in exploring, understanding and troubleshooting new software applications and their applicability to a range of legal challenges.
- Excellent analytic skills and the ability to use logic to solve complex problems.
- Demonstrated project management skills combined with excellent organizational skills and the ability to scope and rigorous attention to detail.
- The ability to manage and implement multiple projects and balance competing demands, and be self-motivated, innovative and flexible.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and client service skills.
The candidate will report to the Toronto office with flexibility to work remotely within Canada. The candidate must be in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario, British Columbia or Alberta.
Your application has been successfully submitted.