Senior Frontend Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At smartvokat, we build digital process management applications for legal professionals. With digital transformation and legal tech being on the rise, we strive to be at the forefront of realising the untapped potential of making transformation accessible to all stakeholders. As part of our software engineering team, you’ll work on exciting challenges which come with highly optimised workflow automation tools in a mostly regulated legal and compliance environment.
We are looking for new team members who possess robust experience in web application development, are keen to explore unchartered territory, and indulge in high-quality code. Ideally, you can balance turning around prototyping ideas quickly and writing stable, well-tested, and well-documented code.
As a geographically dispersed and virtual team, we are looking for team players with excellent communication skills and a passion for early-stage companies. You will contribute to building our architecture and processes as we scale and help to grow the software engineering team in the future. Your presence will make a difference to both, our applications portfolio and the company.
What we are looking for:
- Extensive background in architecting, building, optimizing complex frontends.
- Experience using TypeScript, Node.js, React, GraphQL (Relay), and Docker.
- Optional: Familiarity with other related languages and technologies (e.g. Deno)
- Well-versed with distributed version control systems (e.g. Git).
- Familiarity with continuous deployment and integration practices.
- Fluent in English with excellent communication skills.
How you can contribute:
Our primary product at smartvokat is called Workflows. Workflows will allow non-technical personnel—mostly lawyers—to harness the power of digitalization and streamline their present processes. It allows them to code without actually coding. Albeit not widely marketed Workflows is already in production use.
Currently, these are the tasks on our development agenda:
- Create a well-designed and -tested software development kit for building dynamic, responsive user flows in Workflows. That includes a custom user interface and runtime library.
- An intuitive CLI for our API to create, test, and deploy code in Workflows because a good developer experience is important to us.
- Think about how we can bring our user interface from the browser to native mobile apps and the desktop.
- Improve our continuous deployment and integration practices with better testing and deployment strategies.
We certainly have many more ideas, including artificial intelligence (e.g. NLP) and big data analysis (e.g. for electronic discovery) that need a user-centric frontend.
What we offer:
- A team of entrepreneurial-minded colleagues who are on a mission.
- A flat hierarchy with lots of opportunities to develop “your space”.
- Mentorship and exposure to ground-breaking projects in the legal industry.
- Working in a virtual environment and still be part of an agile and highly collaborative environment with a positive work atmosphere and rituals to make you feel connected.
- Autonomous nature of working remotely and integrating work in your life (not the other way round).
- Several perks designed for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We drive the digital transformation in the legal industry.