Head of Legal Ecosystem
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re looking for an outgoing, whipsmart technology transactions/commercial lawyer to help us nurture and grow the community of lawyers creating and implementing Common Paper’s open source legal forms. This is a unique opportunity to leverage legal expertise into a first of its kind, mission-critical role reporting directly to the CEO at an early stage startup.
You’ll manage our 25+ member Open Source Documents Committee, composed of experienced in-house and law firm attorneys that are actively involved in the creation and revision of our standardized agreements, in coordination with our Open Source Project Leads. In addition to the existing committee, you’ll be the point person for onboarding new members and managing the ecosystem of provisions, schedules. and forms created and released by others that are compatible with our forms.
We're introducing an entirely new way of contracting, and we need to help the world understand why it’s better. You’ll create explainers, training materials and other content to explain both the “how” and “why” of using Common Paper forms and broadcast that message to the world through our social media, blog, and video channels. You’ll also spearhead our outreach to legal training (MCLE) providers and law and business schools.
- You have at least three years of experience as a successful in-house or law firm counsel.
- You have expertise in commercial, IP, product, or privacy law.
- You have insight into how cloud contracts are drafted and negotiated, and you want to make that process a whole lot better for everyone.
- You are extremely strong in both written and verbal communication.
- You can distill complex concepts into understandable explanations.
- You are excited to reach out to current and potential community members, attend the event, stand in front of the crowd, turn on the camera, and whatever else it takes to engage and educate our community.
- You have experience with software, cloud, and related businesses
- You have presented, been interviewed, or otherwise publicly spoken on a topic and there is a recording online
- You have a community or network of potential contributors and users of our forms
A little more About Us
Our co-founders have started companies, built amazing software, led successful teams, and taken a company public. We believe deeply that our team is and will continue to be our most important asset, and that belief informs every aspect of the company. We strive to build a culture where employees feel like they can show up as their genuine selves, every day. We believe that good ideas come from everywhere.
Our goal is for Common Paper to be as diverse as it is inclusive, as psychologically safe as it is fun, and an opportunity to do the best work of our careers. Join us!
Common Paper is a remote-first company, and we are hiring across the United States.
Benefits and Perks
This is a salaried position. In addition, Common Paper offers:
- Stock options
- Health care plan including medical, dental, and vision
- Professional development budget
- Charitable donation matching
- HSA & FSA
- Access to virtual mental health, primary care, & wellness coaching services
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re building industry-standard form contracts that surface substance over semantics.