This job is no longer accepting applications.
Everlaw is looking for a highly-motivated User Researcher with a self-starter attitude and a process-driven mindset. As the first User Researcher at Everlaw, you will elevate the entire product development team’s understanding of our users to build a product that helps legal teams, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations to discover truth and promote justice. You will leverage your respect for users to help us better address user needs and play a key role in ensuring an amazing user experience on our platform.
At Everlaw, our mission is to promote justice by illuminating truth. Our company culture is open and democratic and we’re committed to the professional growth of our team members, offering an annual learning and development stipend and regular check-ins with managers regarding career goals. If you’re looking for a place that values passion, integrity, thinking big, and a desire to learn, we’d love to hear from you! Think you’re missing some of the skills and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in the ‘perfect’ candidate and encourage you to apply if you feel you can bring value to our team.
This is a full-time, exempt position located onsite in Oakland, California.
In your first few months, you will
- Become product certified! You will learn the ins and outs of the Everlaw platform through a series of training modules
- Provide expertise on the most useful research methodology based on objectives, timing, and resources
- Design research questions that maximize insights about user needs in collaboration with product leads and designers
- Analyze and translate quantitative and qualitative data into actionable recommendations
- Feel like part of the team! Our onboarding process will integrate you into the company with informative sessions on our policies, processes, and team structure and goals
- Learn, grow, and contribute right away. We trust that you will bring experience and knowledge that will uplift the team, but we don’t expect you to know everything on Day 1. You will have time to develop your product knowledge and get up to speed on all aspects of Everlaw
In your first year, you will
- Synthesize and communicate compelling insights to the team to help drive innovative solutions and increase understanding and empathy for users
- Plan and conduct both generative and evaluative user research to better inform long-term product vision and improve existing experiences
- Create and maintain foundational research artifacts such as personas and jobs to be done, to help us deepen our understanding of our users
- Shape and define the research discipline to make it a core pillar of product development by documenting robust processes and creating toolkits that elevate and scale the product development teams’ research capabilities
- Collaborate with data scientists, engineers, designers, and product leads to determine when, how, and what to measure to inform success of the product and individual features
- You have at least 2 years of experience in conducting mixed-method research, using data to draw insights and hypotheses, and incorporating research into the product development lifecycle
- You are a great storyteller communicating insights and complex concepts simply
- You are curious about people and their needs, and stay current with research techniques and tools
- You are very organized and have experience building scalable processes
- You have an empathetic and analytical mindset that enables you to be more observant, and ask better questions to discover deeper insights
- You have an appreciation for quantitative and qualitative data and how they complement each other
- You are authorized to work in the United States. Please note that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring U.S. employment visas for any applicants
- Experience researching for enterprise SaaS products
- Experience recruiting SaaS prospects and customers as research participants
- You are familiar with the legal industry
- You have experience facilitating workshops
- Competitive salary Substantial equity 401k with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Fully paid pregnancy and bonding leaves for new parents (including adoptive and foster)
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal holidays
- Membership to Modern Health to help employees prioritize mental health and wellness
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Work in Downtown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants
- Flexible work-from-home days on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Monthly home internet reimbursement
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize your desk setup
- Bond over team lunches and out-of-the-box events
- Take advantage of learning and career development opportunities
- Voted one of "San Francisco Bay Area's Best and Brightest Companies" and one of "Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces"
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The world’s most advanced ediscovery platform.