Gowling WLG is an international law firm with more than 1,400 legal professionals and a presence in Canada, the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and South America. We provide our clients with in-depth expertise in key global sectors and a suite of legal services at home and abroad. We see the world from the perspective of our clients, and collaborate across countries, offices, service areas and sectors to help them succeed – no matter how challenging the circumstances.
Main purpose of the role:
The legal industry is changing fast, and it is now more important than ever to find new ways to enhance the traditional ways of delivering legal advice to our clients. With innovation and tech at the heart of our business, Gowling WLG is at the cutting edge of the legal sector, and we are consistently ranked as one of the most innovative legal businesses worldwide.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a legal engineer to join our busy team. The legal engineer team focuses on mastering a broad technology toolkit to deliver cutting edge solutions to our lawyers and clients. The role is fast-paced and varied. It will involve managing and delivering projects (everything from document automation to AI); testing and trialling new products; and presenting and giving training on our innovative technology to the legal teams.
As our ideal candidate, you will be a quick learner and self-starter, who will bring enthusiasm and ideas to the team. You will be interested in the business of a law firm, and be a good and confident communicator (both written and verbal). As a role that naturally includes technology, a passion for using tech to drive efficiency is also important.
- Managing and delivering document automation and AI review projects.
- Assisting legal teams to drive the adoption of technology, enabling them to deliver legal advice to our clients using innovative solutions.
- Supporting product development, including scoping and testing new products.
- Promoting and presenting solutions to the wider firm, including training, demos and one-to-one support.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Previous legal knowledge preferable suitable for Paralegal
- Strong organisational skills and an ability to prioritise and complete simultaneous projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively, build relationships and clearly articulate and explain legal technology solutions benefits in non-technical terms.
- Knowledge of technology and IT literate including MS Office.
- Experience of, or desire to learn how to use, legal technology products, including simple coding.
- Logical thinking and attention to detail.
- Preferably previous legal experience (fee-earning) or legal technology experience.
Your application has been successfully submitted.