Legal Operations Manager
A legal operations manager manages and supports a full range of projects for the legal team. These projects include managing contract management functions, taking care of outside counsel and vendors, overseeing the legal department's budget, and fulfilling the legal department's staffing needs. The successful candidate will be adaptable and proactive in identifying areas of need and generating action plans.
What you will do
- Lead and manage the legal team's contract lifecycle management process including developing playbooks, processes and generating reports through data-driven strategies
- Identify and implement legal department tools to streamline new or existing practices, as well as managing design, rollout, and training for new systems
- Report on key operational and substantive metrics for the legal department that will better inform decision-making, including matter and work product analyses
- Assist with budget matters, forecasting future departmental needs and monitor internal and external resource performance
- Create legal billing guidelines and manage billing matters
- Develop reports and processes to monitor people, processes, and spend throughout the legal department
- Streamline new or existing practices, as well as managing design, rollout, and training for new systems
- Provide technical and training support for new legal department hires
Who you are
- BA or BS required
- 5+ years of experience with legal project operations and management in-house or at a law firm (both preferred)
- Experience developing forms, processes, and policies
- Demonstrated ability to independently move projects forward by gaining the support needed from others while working in a cross-functional role
- Proven track record of collaborating with groups (e.g., finance, operations, sales, IT) to set objectives and produce meaningful results
- Strong experience in developing, implementing, and using legal department technology solutions (e.g., legal billing & matter management, IP management, DocuSign e-signature)
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, take on ad hoc projects as they arise, and successfully manage multiple deadlines.
What do we offer and why should you join us?
We don't shy away from wanting to hire great people to deliver amazing things for our customers. And once you join us, we want to keep you motivated and engaged in our collective mission.
We don't want you to worry about your pay and wonder if you can have it better someplace else. We follow the market and evaluate salary benchmarks through the year to make sure any salary increases remove any worries and keep you satisfied. We review pay annually to make sure we are paying you what you're worth.
Growth and skills
We know that for some it's about growing into more senior and exciting roles, and for others it's about becoming a deep technical expert. No matter what your ambition, we are with you all the way. We know that investing in you is the way to keep skills relevant and you motivated.
Work from home? Work in the office? Have family and life commitments that mean you need flexibility? What we care about is what you deliver not where you work nor the hours you work. We know flexibility matters and that's why we offer the flexibility that suits you and your lifestyle.
An array of people
We know that to win, our workforce needs to reflect the world in which we live and the customers we serve. We are proud that we have a culture where everyone and anyone can bring their whole selves to work.
Your application has been successfully submitted.