Junior Legal Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Junior Legal Engineers are the lifeblood of our business. Under the supervision of our senior team, and with their support, they deliver a wide range of services to our clients.
No previous legal technology experience is required, and we work hard to develop the skills and expertise which are valued by our clients. Previous Junior Legal Engineers have gone on to lead enterprise projects and are now practice directors.
The work is creative and varied, but you can expect to spend time:
- automating legal documents and workflows
- review legal processes to ensure that the right legal tech solution is implemented and designing ‘to be’ workflows
- use a wide range of legal tech products, including AI and contract lifecycle management platforms and chat bots, to provide solutions to clients’ business needs
- participate in business development and marketing exercises (e.g. development of SYKE’s branding and sales materials) alongside our Sales Directors
You’ll always have the support and supervision of our leadership team, and we work hard to share ideas and innovation internally so that our engineers remain the best in the business.
We value attitude over experience, but we’re looking for:
- Self-starters who have a genuine interest in an alternative legal career path
- Natural problem solvers with a keen interest in technology and its applications
- Outgoing and confident candidates who are happy working within a team and can effectively communicate with clients and colleagues at all pay levels.
- Empathy and strong listening skills and the ability to work autonomously and independently
We would expect you to hold or be in the process of obtaining an undergraduate degree or possess equivalent experience, and we would prefer candidates with a law or CompSci background.
We offer flexible hours, usually capped at 15 hours a week if you’re studying, and most of our Legal Engineers progress to becoming full time members of the team.
We pay £10 per hour initially, and is reviewed after three months; dependent on your progression we would expect this to rise to £15-20 per hour after 3 months, and to a market salary upon transition to full time employment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The world’s foremost independent legal tech consultancy, with more than 90 legal engineers across the globe.