Customer Support Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We all waste a staggering amount of time (~33%) because we have no idea where we are spending it. Worse yet, we continue to operate in a factory model that simply does not apply to creative work. Our big bet is that by understanding time, we’ll be able to move away from it as a unit of value. In the future knowledge economy (lawyers, accountants, engineers), contributions will be assessed on value added, not the underlying time spent adding it.
Ambitious mission to say the least, so where are we starting? We have created a new market category called Time Automation that automates the timekeeping process for professionals and allows us to collect time data at scale. Before TBP, professionals had to manually record every six minutes of their day into antiquated timekeeping software. Not anymore.
We are a Series A company (>$20M in venture capital from Tier 1 funds) that has assembled some of the best builders, designers, and product minds in tech — and we all have one thing in common: we are deeply motivated by our mission to return time.
We need to find like-minded colleagues who want to join us on our journey and are willing to spend their time solving time. It will be a long road but if we’re even half right, we’ll change the way work is measured and performed forever.
In particular, we are looking for a Customer Support Specialist to join our growing team. As the company’s first Customer Support Specialist, you will greatly impact the day-to-day experience of our clients. Our internal teams will look to you as a central member of the organization, bridging product knowledge and technical expertise with exceptional client support and communication skills. The top tier firms we work with will trust and rely on you to create a seamless user experience. You’ll be the first line of contact for our customers, ensuring that all users are successful and delighted by their TBP experience. You’ll be responsible for answering customer questions, teaching product functionality and troubleshooting technical issues via phone and email. This is a full-time remote position located in the US, and may require working alternative hours as early as 4am ET and as late as 8pm ET.
In the first few months, you will
- Master Time by Ping’s software.
- Start your journey on the support queue, providing world-class customer support.
- Feel like part of the team! Our onboarding process will integrate you into the company with informative sessions on our policies, processes, and team structure and goals.
- Learn, grow, and contribute right away. We trust that you'll bring experience and knowledge that will uplevel the team, but we don’t expect you to know everything on Day 1. You'll have time to develop your product knowledge and get up to speed on all aspects of TBP.
Going forward, you will
- Use your communication and collaboration skills to solve complex client tickets and improve our customer satisfaction scores.
- Participate in quarterly performance and development objectives meetings with your direct manager to build development goals and pathways.
- Become a subject matter expert in related customer workflows and continue to deepen your knowledge of the TBP software.
- Develop a strong relationship with the Product Management and Engineering teams to drive product improvements.
- Develop a strong relationship with the Customer Success team to highlight usage trends within firms.
- You have a passion for technology and for helping others to understand and use it.
- You have exceptional oral and written communication skills that show enthusiasm, energy, and empathy.
- You are incredibly organized, process-driven, and capable of anticipating and mitigating friction points in a fast-paced environment.
- You are a thoughtful collaborator, partnering cross-functionally to drive a streamlined customer experience.
- You are a quick, eager, and proactive learner, and take initiative to promptly resolve and learn from challenges.
- You are an excellent technical troubleshooter. You are skilled at tracking down and solving technology problems.
- 2+ years experience in a technical troubleshooting role (customer support, tech support, or internal IT helpdesk), ideally at a software or legal technology company, including troubleshooting customer issues through analyzing logs, telemetry, and event traces.
- Experience authoring new technical knowledge base articles for frequent customer issues.
- Experience analyzing customer environments including VPN software, security software, remote access, and VDI (Windows RDP, Citrix, VMware).
- Experience with deployment, configuration, and administration of Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, and MS Office.
- Comfort using Google applications (GMail, Google Calendar, Google Docs), Microsoft applications (Word and Outlook), and Customer Relationship Management tools such as Zendesk and/or Salesforce.
- Authorization to work in the United States; please note that at this time, TBP is not sponsoring visas for any positions.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
On a mission to return time to the world.