Senior Software Engineer
Time by Ping
San Francisco, CA, USA Remote
We are a Series A company (+$20M in venture capital from Tier 1 funds) that has assembled some of the best builders, designers, and product minds in tech — and we all have one thing in common: we are deeply motivated by our mission to return time.
We need to find like-minded colleagues who want to join us on our journey and are willing to spend their time solving time. It will be a long road but if we’re even half right, we’ll change the way work is measured and performed forever.
What’re we looking for specifically? We need an exceptional Senior Software Engineer to join our engineering team. You will be responsible for our desktop applications and backend services that include: core user experience, core business logic, data pipeline, persistence, and ML analytics. You will solve high-level customer challenges with your designs and solutions—and your technical expertise will be critical to ensure we prioritize and build the right things at a standard of quality that transforms trillion-dollar industries.
At TBP, we believe in hiring highly talented people and giving them the context and agency necessary to empower them to make the largest impact on the business possible.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will:
- Architect and build a multi-product and multi-industry platform for time capture and analysis
- Build scalable and performant cloud-based services and Windows desktop and iOS clients for professional services industries
- Expertly craft maintainable, reliable, and extensible software that builds in quality and security
- Work with Product to flesh out business requirements and designs for those requirements and systems
- Contribute to design technology standards
- Be responsible for deploying and maintaining our enterprise services in production
- Collaborate with team members on design techniques and coding standards
- Make a high impact, data-driven technical decisions
- Be detail-oriented with a bias towards action and shipping product
- Demonstrate ownership and initiative to identify and solve problems end-to-end
Expertise and Qualifications
- At least 5 years of software engineering experience
- Deploying, updating, and monitoring containerized services in AWS
- Building performant NodeJS microservices
- Experience with distributed storage (e.g. MongoDB preferred)
- Experience developing native client applications (Windows Desktop or iOS)
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose, reproduce and solve difficult concurrency, performance, and compatibility issues
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- B.S. in Computer Science/Engineering/related field or equivalent experience
Your application has been successfully submitted.