LegalTech Engagement Officer
Salary : Grade 8 £34,804-£40,322 per annum together with Uss pension benefits if required
Hours of Wor k : 35 hours per week, however applications for part time work will be considered
Contract : This fixed term post has been funded by the ERDF-supported Legal Innovation Lab Wales Operation to June 2023
Location : This position will be based at the Singleton Campus, Swansea
Legal Innovation Lab Wales is a £5.6 million initiative within the Hillary Rodham Clinton School of Law. Backed by the Welsh European Funding Office with £4 million of European Regional Development Funds, Legal Innovation Lab Wales encourages innovation in LegalTech and Access to Justice, as well as in countering terrorist and criminal use of the internet.
- The project will deliver a suite of sector-leading research and collaboration facilities, including : a Legal AI laboratory;
a cyber threats research suite; a legal innovation centre, and a Law Clinic where LegalTech innovation and collaboration can be piloted, leading to the deployment of applications and platforms that support access to justice.
The funding also supports the appointment of new researchers and a software development team to work with law firms, technology companies and security organisations with the aim of
- maximising opportunities to innovate in the emerging LegalTech sector;
- developing toolkits and frameworks to mitigate the risk of online platforms and social media being exploited by criminals and terrorists;
- deploying digital products and services that help communities to access legal guidance and information.
Essential Criteria : Values :
- Demonstrable evidence of taking pride in delivering professional services and solutions
- Ability to work together in an environment of equality, trust and respect to deliver services that strive to exceed the needs and expectations of customers
- Demonstrable evidence of providing a caring approach to all of your customers ensuring a personalised and positive experience
- Evidence of significant experience in networking, business development and supporting collaboration between different stakeholders
- Experience of identifying funding opportunities
- Experience of influencing others and negotiating with them to achieve a desired outcome
- Evidence of working in an outcome-focused environment with the ability to monitor performance against targets
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Excellent presentation skills to deliver (e.g.) workshops and business outreach.
- Strong inter-personal skills, with the ability to develop effective working relationships with all levels of staff.
- Influencing skills.
- An awareness of funding opportunities and regulations.
- Good organisational and time management skills with ability to prioritise work and work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to use initiative and work independently and as part of a team.
- Evidence of the ability to interpret complex procedural guidelines and to explain these to others who are not experts
- Ability to communicate very effectively to team members, clients and senior colleagues in writing and orally to a very high standard and to present coherent arguments.
- Highly developed IT skills are required as is proficiency in the use of the internet (web browsers, search engines etc) and standard Microsoft software packages (including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint), as well as the flexibility and willingness to gain new IT skills for specialist software, where training will be provided as required
- Excellent liaison and networking skills
- Law degree and / or experience of working in legal services
- Experience of working with law firms and / or technology companies to promote legal innovation.
- Sound understanding of the drivers, constraints and working practices of organisations in the legal and judicial sector.
- Ability to communicate through the medium of Welsh
Your application has been successfully submitted.