Head of Communications
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Rocket Lawyer is seeking an experienced communications professional to lead our PR and social media initiatives. You are a sharp-eyed and creative self-starter who has exceptional experience in developing a dynamic storytelling strategy, while possessing a solid track record of increasing brand visibility, accelerating brand engagement, and driving business growth.
You are a results-oriented marketer who is passionate about Rocket Lawyer’s mission to make the law affordable and simple. Your forward-thinking vision and ability to inspire and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels across the company will help bring the Rocket Lawyer story to life in various formats. You will be able to roll-up your sleeves and produce media-ready content, but will also think big picture and leverage insights to help us build a holistic communications plan to promote the Rocket Lawyer mission, vision, and values internally and externally.
- Develop and own the execution of a proactive communications strategy to increase brand visibility
- Build and implement an integrated thought leadership plan, including speaking engagements, awards, and contributed content to enhance the Rocket Lawyer brand and deliver key narratives
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with media and other influencers in key markets to drive positive coverage for Rocket Lawyer and influence our public perception
- Use strategic storytelling and stellar writing skills to draft and edit communications materials, including pitches, press releases, talking points, long-form content, social media posts, and briefing documents
- Identify and prioritize opportunities for Rocket Lawyer to participate in conversations relevant to our mission and business objectives
- Collaborate cross-functionally to amplify Rocket Lawyer product launches, innovations, and key messages internally and externally
- Oversee the social media content calendar and develop a cohesive plan for driving engagement among followers, including employees
- Ensure that social media profiles and public-facing communications materials are kept up-to-date
- Actively monitor and report on media coverage and brand mentions, along with measuring the impact of PR and social media campaigns
- 7+ years of experience in communications; A combination of corporate and agency experience preferred
- Proven ability to story-tell in multiple formats (thought leadership, customer stories, images, video, etc.)
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and a data-driven, professional business acumen
- Excellent attention to detail, both for line-editing copy and consistency in style and tone
- Capacity to research and synthesize complex information and communicate it simply
- Ability to translate strategy into tactics and put ideas into action, characterized by solid, timely execution
- Experience collaborating with an SEO team and/or leveraging digital PR for the benefit of SEO
- Experience cultivating and coaching a team of storytellers (internal and external)
- Must be comfortable interfacing with all levels of the organization including the executive team
Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive health plans (including Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for full-time employees)
- Unlimited PTO
- Competitive salary packages
- 401k program
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter/Transit Program
- Your choice of a MAC or PC
- Company sponsored events, both on- and off-site
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Legal made simple.