We have an exciting opportunity to join Team Propel as a Change Manager, working within the Litigation & Disputes Management practice group.
The Litigation and Dispute Management Practice Group (“L&DM”) handle significant and complex matters ranging from high value, multi-jurisdictional disputes to global arbitration matters. Our clients instruct us because of the quality of technical advice, our proven track record and our global reach. Quality underpins everything we do and encompasses not just technical quality and applied expertise but also the manner of delivery. Project management is critical to an excellent client experience.
As a result, Eversheds Sutherland is proud to have a team, Propel, which specialises in providing dedicated legal project management on the large, complex and, often, multi-jurisdictional matters which it is instructed on within L&DM. Propel is focused on the delivery of technology and legal project management services to our greater Litigation & Dispute Management Group.
The purpose of this team is to improve the experience of both clients and the internal Eversheds Sutherland team and in so doing support growth in L&DM. The team supports and facilitates the continuous improvement in how projects are delivered and the high quality experience for all involved. The team helps increase efficiency and provide exceptional client service on our most complex matters.
The successful candidate will have an understanding of legal project management, legal service offerings and knowledge of legal technology, process improvement methodologies and change management.
The candidate will promote the benefits of changing our approach to legal services and in particular the uptake of legal project management.
They will lead on designing innovative approaches and processes to push the utilisation of legal project management and the use of associated tech to the next level.
- Identifying opportunities and increase engagement of our lawyers with legal project management best practices and tools;
- Deliver tangible results in terms of uptake of legal project management and associated technologies;
- Proactively identifies opportunities to add value through their expertise to the practice group which has a positive financial contribution as well as increasing the use of legal project management solutions by colleagues and clients;
- Align and deliver our offering as incorporated in the technology and transformation L&DM strategy for 2023.
- Driving a culture of legal project management through leading and delivering process improvement projects;
- Building strong relationships with our lawyers across various specialist areas and jurisdictions;
- Driving requirements gathering and solution delivery across multiple projects;
- Engaging with senior managers to identify opportunities.
- Training and coaching our lawyers on legal project management tools and methodologies;
- Delivering presentations and demonstrations to our lawyers and clients.
- Communicating project direction, approach, priorities, issues and status;
- Establishing a governance structure and implementing documentation, processes and systems to deliver more effective change management.
Use of Legal Tech
- Understanding content of legal project management technologies;
- Liaising with internal and external IT and the Legal Technologies team in order to ensure effective and seamless delivery of all legal project management solutions.
- Experience within a law firm or professional services environment
- 2 years+ experience in change management
- Experience of delivery of lean six sigma (or similar) related projects, training and coaching
- Process improvement or change management certification preferred
- Technologically competent
- Able to drive change through providing challenge and problem solving through innovative thinking
- Able to communicate effectively, build relationships and clearly articulate and explain the benefits in non-technical terms
- Able to work as a team and in an autonomous and independent way
- Able to prioritise and deliver simultaneous projects across jurisdictions
- Confident and credible when dealing with different situations and internal and external stakeholders
- Pragmatic, creative and commercial by being able to think laterally in identifying and developing opportunities
- Consistently positive attitude and ‘can do’ approach
Key qualities required include being hard working, enthusiastic, a team player, having a high level of initiative and a willingness to adapt to new tech as our team offering grows.
Strong emotional intelligence skills, resilience and tenacity, with a propensity to persevere with stakeholders who have a range of technical adeptness or susceptibility to change, are essential.
Advanced organisational skills, attention to detail and exemplary writing skills are key. The role will involve senior stakeholder contact, therefore excellent communication, professionalism and interpersonal skills are essential. A legal (and ideally litigation) background is also an advantage.
Your application has been successfully submitted.