Digital Information Specialist
Foley & Lardner LLP is currently looking for a Digital Information Specialist role to join our Facilities and Procurement team. This role is to ensure that all firm systems and applications related to electronic and physical records are functioning properly and in a manner that complies with all applicable laws and industry regulations. The Specialist will assist with importing, auditing, and validating firm data into NetDocuments and other firm repositories. They will also assist users with proper use of the NetDocuments suite of tools, including NDMail, NDSync, as well as standard NetDocuments functions. This individual will be responsible for monitoring data moving in or out of firm repositories and overseeing the maintenance of records and Information Governance (IG) software systems. A clear understanding of imaging, publishing and scripting tools is required for this role.
Strategy & Planning
- Oversees and facilitates the installation and maintenance of records and IG systems and software.
- Support policies and standards for ensuring that all records generated electronically are coherently uniform in structure and appearance.
- Assist with the implementation of standards and guidelines for the appropriate use of electronic records management tools and resources.
- Ensure that authorized personnel can rapidly and efficiently retrieve stored electronic records for examination.
- Coordinate and manage the editorial and quality assurance process with records/document creators.
- Responsible for the flow of records data in and out of the firm, as well as between various firm repositories. This will include the use of scripting to manipulate data before it is imported.
- Responsible for manipulation of incoming data to apply appropriate naming and classification of data, as well as application of appropriate security.
- Utilize various forms of training, including one-on-one and group sessions to expand the use of NetDocuments by firm personnel.
- Liaise with systems experts on hardware and software issues that affect the availability and accessibility of electronic records, wherever they exist.
- Maintain consistency of data between record sources and databases.
- Partner with Information Governance (IG) on process improvement design solutions that align with the IG vision/goals.
- Maintain strong working relationships with office personnel, National teams, practice groups and third party providers to drive improved services and processes.
- Respond to and resolve user request tickets.
- Design technical and process enhancement as needed that satisfy requirements - test and launch improvements into production; monitor post-setup.
- Partner closely with other teams as necessary to troubleshoot issues and align on current and future needs.
- Participate in on-call rotations.
- Up to 25% travel may be required.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant business systems, data analytics, and MS Excel experience required
- Experience with software support, maintenance, knowledge of scripting, programming, and automation software strongly preferred
- Direct experience working with various forms of storage media including paper, digitally scanned images, disk, tape, and/or CD_ROM preferred
- Advanced knowledge of data management technologies and document management systems (NetDocuments, MS SharePoint) and protocols preferred
- Previous law firm experience desired
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service skills, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Providing award-winning business and legal insight to our clients.