Research & Knowledge Management Specialist
Foley & Lardner LLP is seeking a Research & Knowledge Management Specialist to join our team! The right candidate will provide high-quality legal and non-legal research, analysis, and evaluation of technology and processes for legal service solutions that support the knowledge management, business and practices of the firm. The Specialist will collaborate with team members and groups across the firm on awareness and implementation of these solutions. This individual is also responsible for monitoring requests and communications to help manage departmental workflow across time zones.
- Responsible for successful and timely completion of legal and non-legal research projects submitted by firm members.
- Analyze the effective use of existing legal technology and/or new legal technology service solutions and make recommendations.
- Work with legal practitioners to evaluate and tag exemplary work product in accordance with knowledge management strategy.
- Monitor in-coming service requests for specifically assigned time to ensure a high level of service to the firm.
- Work collaboratively with team members on awareness and advocacy efforts.
- Educate firm members on the legal technologies available, integration of these tools within the workflow, and knowledge management best practices.
- Facilitate the continual process of identifying the best practices and sources of useful knowledge by staying abreast on current and emerging research resources, technologies and knowledge management trends.
- Bill and submit time entries in an efficient manner.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Graduate degree in information science, law, business, or similar preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of related experience in a law firm.
- Experience as a practicing attorney or paralegal, or Knowledge Management experience preferred
- Advanced computer/technical skills and experience with complex online research tools and platforms.
- Proficiency of relevant Microsoft Office and other applications.
- Critical thinking skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/matters simultaneously with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work well within a team-oriented environment and contribute to effective team relationships.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Providing award-winning business and legal insight to our clients.