Legal Technology Consultant
DWF are seeking a Legal Technology Consultant to join their Legal Ops Consultancy Team. Although this role is one that can be performed predominantly remotely, the candidate would ideally be based in either of our Manchester, Leeds or London offices where existing team colleagues are based.
This role will be working within a team that provides legal operations consultancy services to DWF's clients, with the key responsibility being to support the client-facing advisors to design, develop and implement legal technology tools for clients. The team support clients in delivering their transformation projects, identifying the technology tools that will be best suited to their use cases, workflows or processes, so this role will be a key contributor to such a project team by configuring and developing those tools to deploy within a client's own systems.
DWF's consultancy advice can cover a wide variety of the different legal technology tools on the market and this is a fast-moving area of development and change. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate experience of working with some of the more commonly used legal technologies such as HighQ, Bryter, Kira, iManage Extract, Ironclad, Icertis, Microsoft Power Apps and Power Automate or others. Whichever tools this individual may have used previously, a continuing motivation to find and explore new use cases and desire to continue building their knowledge of new technologies will be a requirement.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable providing product demonstrations, talking through product functionality, needs analysis and design options with clients as well as colleagues. As part of implementation of legal technology tools for clients, this role will also need to be capable of providing training on the functionalities they have developed to client teams.
We are looking for an individual with a strong work ethic, who enjoys problem solving through innovative use of technology, is comfortable working at a fast pace and has an ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders on a day-to-day basis. The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working with and knowledge of legal tech tools such as contract lifecycle management, document automation, expert logic systems and machine learning/AI
- Specific expertise with HighQ including complex site creation and customisation would be an advantage
- Experience managing risk and maintaining governance over the use and integration of legal tech tools, including workflow processes and sign offs for document automation and training machine learning algorithms
- Effective personal organisational and time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple demands and prioritise workloads across a range of ongoing projects
- The ability to work under pressure, to tight timescales with a sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills with a professional approach to clients
You will be learning from industry leading experts in a friendly and committed working environment and get involved in a variety of tasks such as
- Working directly with clients to support the provision of legal consultancy advice and to design and implement legal tech solutions;
- Conducting needs analysis and suggesting solutions to client problems using legal tech tools and advising on questions of functionality and capability of common legal tech tools;
- Configuring and delivering the legal technology of choice for a client to implement in their own environment;
- Supporting currently deployed legal tech tools amongst DWF's clients including HighQ for client portal and collaboration activities;
- Creating training guides and procedures for users to use legal tech tools within an operational delivery context;
- Assisting with the transformation of new products through a legal tech and innovation capability lens, through to service delivery and support once operational;
- Assisting with creating training guides and procedures for users to use legal tech tools in delivery; and
- Actively promoting the use of legal tech to clients through demonstrations and the creation of promotional materials and case studies.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Premium legal advice and excellent client service.