Senior Legal Operations / Legal Technology Consultant: Consulting
We have an unparalleled client list, and GC’s, CxO’s and Legal Operations professionals at some of the world’s largest companies look to us for advice and support in transforming their legal functions.
We have a successful and rapidly expanding team in the US, and we’re looking for talented individuals who want to join our dynamic, innovative, and forward-thinking organization. We’re recruiting at all levels, but we’re particularly keen to hear from junior and mid-level consultants.
Our work is creative and diverse, but typically you might expect to spend your time:
· Supporting senior leaders in understanding how their legal function operates and is perceived within and outside their business.
· Developing technology focused operational and strategic roadmaps in order to design an agenda for change.
· Developing operational models, processes and workflows to improve legal operations and service delivery.
· Identifying opportunities for digitization, automation and improvement.
· Working with lawyers and legal team members in order improve their working lives and operations; liaising with IT and Procurement on integrated information / processes.
· Partnering with IT and Finance teams in order to understand how funds and resources can best be utilized.
· Designing metrics and reporting frameworks to measure performance and drive improvements.
· Supporting the specification and selection of technology solutions and managing procurement processes.
· Identifying new business opportunities, supporting sales activity, and scoping exercises.
· Guiding clients through the implementation of Legal Technology applications to ensure their requirements are being met.
· Supporting clients as they implement new processes, practices, and systems to deliver efficiency and improvements.
· Executing our project management activities like preparing project plans, reporting, forecasting, and budgeting.
· Contributing to the learning and development of team members and participating in internal initiatives and projects.
· Carrying out and supporting business development activities such as proposal preparation, pitching, drafting estimates and statements of work.
· Developing and contributing to internal best practice and thought leadership.
· Building and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Depending on your level of seniority, you will act as the overall lead for some of our larger enterprise projects, managing specific engagements from beginning to end. Alternatively, you might work as part of a larger team.
In time, you will be one of the leading lights of our business, helping develop junior members of the team and drive continuous improvements in our processes and delivery model.
All our team focuses on innovation, understanding business challenges and configuring trailblazing legal technology solutions and products to support optimized business processes. They are experts in their chosen technologies, and they understand the wider legal technology landscape.
You will always have the support and supervision of our leadership team, and we work hard to share ideas and innovation internally so that our engineers remain the best in the business.
We do not have a central office, and all our team work remotely or on client sites.
We are flexible about working hours, locations, and time zones, and we try to keep internal processes and paperwork to a minimum.
We want everyone to spend their time doing stuff, rather than talking about doing stuff.
Who are we looking for?
We value attitude over experience, and we’re looking for someone with good domain knowledge as well as strong problem-solving and client-handling skills.
In general, you’ll need to be confident and knowledgeable in order to build trust with senior stakeholders. Empathy and strong listening skills are vital, and we expect you to be capable of solving problems in a creative and commercially astute way.
We encourage and expect all our team members to work autonomously and independently, so you’ll have good judgment, and be used to working with senior managers and business leaders
You’ll stand out from the crowd if you’ve got:
- Experience in a legal operations role
- Experience in a professional services environment
- Legal or technology consulting experience / background, preferably both.
- Strong understanding and demonstration of the consulting skills required to be successful in a client-facing role.
- Fastidious attention to detail.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills and a willingness to be hands-on to ensure timely project completion with a proficiency in prioritizing tasks and balancing workload to meet project objectives.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The world’s foremost independent legal tech consultancy, with more than 90 legal engineers across the globe.