Legal Operations Consulting - Consultant
Our London office is currently recruiting for a Legal Operations Consulting - Consultant. This is a newly created role within Norton Rose Fulbright's growing Legal Operations Consulting Practice (LOC) part of NRF Transform. As well as the relevant skills and experience, we're looking for people who are innovative, commercial and value the work that they do. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view and believe diversity drives innovation, so we're building a culture where difference is valued.
The Consultant will need to have an understanding of how legal services can be delivered and will be expected to support in-house legal teams to deliver those services through inter alia:
- supporting with the design and implementation of legal operating strategies and operating models for clients, aligned with their business priorities;
- supporting on the completion of prioritisation exercises to develop legal operations roadmaps;
- inputting into resourcing and skills development strategies including assessments of insourcing and outsourcing to achieve cost efficiencies; and
- supporting reviews of working practices including the optimisation of the people and processes supported by technology.
- Support on the development and refinement of our service catalogue, including new and scalable products and service offerings taking into account market trends, our business strategy, client needs and commercial realities.
- Support the design of resourcing plans our internal projects and client mandates, helping to identify resourcing risks and opportunities, and make recommendations to the project lead where appropriate.
- Support the scoping and pricing of client proposals, products and services.
- Support administration and compliance activities in relation to client facing work such as preparation of engagement letters, conducting conflict checks and matter opening.
- Contribute to the continuous development and improvement of our methodologies and processes and implementing related initiatives.
- Support with the development of content and materials for internal communications, educational and business development purposes.
- Help to develop and refine our Legal Operations toolkits and best practice for use across client mandates such as:
- skills mapping toolkits;
- health check and prioritisation toolkits; or
- storytelling and strategic design toolkits.
For our Clients:
- Input on the structure of client projects, tailored to their specific needs and requirements for any given engagement.
- Provide a supporting role on client mandates, including the provision of SME (subject matter expert) advice, the production of deliverables, and keeping projects running within timeline, budget and scope.
- Support the preparation of high-quality written client proposals.
- Play a key role in the facilitation of client workshops.
- Price projects and engagements.
- Build strong working relationships with both existing and new clients.
Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of and proactively works towards agreed business objectives
- Ability to understand 'big picture' considerations as well as detail,
- Able to balance multiple concurrent projects and competing priorities
- Ability to deliver in a challenging and fast-paced legal ops environment
- Strong relationship management skills
- Ability to become a trusted advisor to key stakeholders
- Ability to analyse data in a robust controlled manner
- Highly numerate with strong analytical abilities and an attention to detail
- Advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of the Microsoft 365 suite including the Power Platform
- Commercial awareness, including the ability to recognise and recommend different profit levers with the aim of enhancing business performance
- Project management ability (this is a critical skill for the role), in particular the ability to effectively:
- create a project plan that offers both high-level and granular insight into the project's proposed structure;
- assess potential risks that may arise during a project, and to articulate these with clarity;
- effectively manage the progress of projects, ensuring that both NRF and clients work within the timeline, budget and scope of a project;
- assess and escalate potential risks, issues and changes to project leadership teams in a timely manner; and
- facilitate timely and transparent communication between project team members and stakeholders.
- Able to craft engaging content and materials, both for client project and business development purposes.
- General knowledge of legal operations technologies in the market such as CLM, intake and matter management and collaboration tools (you will not be expected to own delivery of these solutions, but may support our Legal Technology Consultants to deliver technology solutions to our clients).
- Knowledge of and experience with some of the elements of the legal operation ecosystem.
Our clients come first and whilst we have a high performance culture and work hard as a team, in return we offer range of competitive benefits including:
- 25 days hols + Bank hols - Buy up to 5 days
- GP Service
- Bupa Healthcare
- Flexible working
In addition, we are proud of our established health and wellbeing programme which supports our employees through mental, physical and lifestyle challenges.
Norton Rose Fulbright is committed to promoting a diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace where everyone can realise their full potential and career ambitions on the basis of merit and skill. We offer a range of family friendly and inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks. Find more about Diversity and Inclusionhere.
Your application has been successfully submitted.