Legal consultant 5+ PQE – commercial/technology/data privacy
Peerpoint is Allen & Overy’s global platform for self-directed consultant lawyers who want to access the best work, clients, resources and bespoke support, whilst working on assignments of typically six months or more, either within Allen & Overy practice groups or directly with clients as legal consultants. To find out more, please visit www.peerpoint.com and download our UK candidate brochure.
We are currently looking for lawyers with 5-10 years’ top-tier post-qualification experience in commercial law, particularly in relation to commercial contracts including technology/IT agreements (e.g. software as services agreements, data/software licences, software development agreements, client/vendor cloud computing arrangements), outsourcing and procurement agreements, eCommerce or data privacy law.
Successful applicants will:
- have a minimum of four years' post-qualification experience at a law firm ranked as top tier for commercial contracts/technology contracts, eCommerce/ payments or data privacy;
- ideally have recent in-house legal experience at a leading financial services institution or corporate (directly or as a secondee);
- have a desire to take ownership of their career and be responsible for their own professional development and network, proactively making use of any support and resources available;
- have researched the personal and financial factors that you need to consider when commencing a career as a legal consultant and be comfortable with the ways in which it differs from permanent employment;
- be committed to building a positive and productive relationship with Peerpoint, including having a transparent, open and responsive style of communication;
- have a consultant mindset, including a highly professional, flexible and adaptable outlook and approach;
- have an ability to make effective transitions into new environments and be motivated to deliver an excellent standard of service to each client;
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to professionally deal with stakeholders at all levels, building strong relationships internally and externally;
- be resilient, autonomous and highly credible, with exemplary commercial/business acumen and client service ethic;
- have proven project management skills; and
- have a practising certificate (or equivalent) which entitles them to practise as a lawyer in the UK.
NOTE: Due to nature of the relationship between Peerpoint and our legal consultants, we are not able to sponsor visas. Applicants are therefore required to have a right to reside and work in the UK.
Examples of recent opportunities
- A commercial/technology lawyer providing legal support to a professional services company, in relation to bringing new technology offerings to market, including negotiating complex supplier/vendor technology transaction agreements
- An eCommerce lawyer supporting the payment services arm of a US bank
- A senior data privacy lawyer managing a global bank's EMEA data protection, processes and retention
- A commercial/technology lawyer advising on all commercial legal matters relating to eCommerce work for a technology company
- A commercial lawyer supporting a growth technology company advising on a variety of commercial contracts and data protection matters
Please note that, due to the high volume of applications, it is our policy not to provide individual feedback at the application stage.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Allen & Overy is a global law firm that helps the world’s leading businesses to grow, innovate and thrive.