Legal Project Manager
As a Legal Project Manager, you will support client-facing engagements and internal firm projects to ensure successful implementation of such projects, provide support for all practice departments and will impact efficiency, quality, profitability, competitive position and client satisfaction. You will be a member of the firm’s Lean Solutions team interacting with legal and business professionals internally and externally in a team setting. As you progress you will receive opportunities to work with top firm clients that further your professional development.
On any given day, you will be working with firm leadership, partners, and business colleagues on a variety of requests and projects related to the delivery of legal services for complex, high-profile client engagements. You will:
- Employ project management techniques and tools and partner with legal teams to deliver valuable solutions with results that delight our clients.
- Collaborate with team resources to plan for custom solutions and oversee the design and implementation for client facing technological or process solutions.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on a range of topics including project planning, scoping and budget preparation.
- Deliver strong customer service, commit to meeting deadlines, and multitask in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Build relationships and foster a collaborative approach to working with both internal and external clients across practice groups and industries.
- Be willing and able to cover a wide range and level of tasks - from thinking strategically to troubleshooting details where needed.
- Provide thoughtful data-driven insights using advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills turning raw data into meaningful and actionable information for lawyers and clients.
- Drive LawLean initiatives including facilitating process mapping sessions, data collection and analysis, implementation of improvements and controls, leveraging technology and knowledge management solutions.
- College degree in business or related field or equivalent law firm experience preferred (JD or MBA preferred but not required)
- Minimum five years formal project management experience required.
- Familiarity with Lean/Six Sigma project/process principles.
- PMP certification required, or must be obtained during 1st year of hire.
- Previous legal project management or equivalent experience within a law firm, law department, consultancy, professional services firm and/or legal practice is desirable.
- Computer proficient with advanced skills in MS Office, particularly MS Excel and MS PowerPoint required; SharePoint, Visio, and MS Project knowledge preferred.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills, including record keeping, data collection and system information.
- Strong facilitation skills to lead meetings, conduct effective briefings and presentations, and to develop consensus, both internally and externally.
- Poise and patience under pressure; ability to multi-task.
- Expert high-impact communication and presentation skills
Your application has been successfully submitted.