Theory and Principle is looking for an experienced UX/UI Designer to join its team. Theory and Principle is an industry-leading legal and justice technology product design and development firm. We work with nonprofits, law firms, and legal tech companies globally and are on a mission to improve the legal experience for all through thoughtfully designed digital products.
The company is based in Portland, Maine with a waterfront office space, but we are a remote-first team. Both local and remote applicants are welcome.
- Create Wireframes for new products
- Create moodboards
- Create style guides
- Apply styles to wireframes
- Support the development team during product builds
- Conduct UX audits of existing products, including conducting research into the usability of products, drafting usability reports, and mocking up suggested UX improvements
Required skills and experience:
- 4+ years professional experience in user experience design of digital products that have been released to market. This requirement does not include school projects.
- Deep knowledge and skills in design, interaction, and technology.
- Fluency in current industry design and prototyping tools.
- A robust portfolio with details on your specific role and contribution.
- Information architecture experience preferred.
- Experience using Sketch and Invision
- Experience conducting UX research
- Experience conducting client workshops/design sprints
- Experience developing and executing on user testing plans, both before, during, and after development
- Graphic design skills
- Illustration skills
- Branding skills
Benefits of working with us:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, dental and vision plan
- A generous vacation policy
- 401K matching
- Flexible work schedule
- Twice-annual firm retreats
- Summer half-day Fridays
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We work with clients globally to build web and mobile applications designed to improve the legal experience for all.