Global ITSM ServiceNow Developer and Administrator
Mayer Brown LLP is a leading global law firm with offices in 27 key business centers across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. We are a collegial, collaborative, and diverse firm where highly motivated individuals with an unwavering commitment to excellence receive the opportunity, support, and development they need to grow, thrive, and realize their greatest potential.
If you enjoy working with team members whose defining characteristics are achievement, initiative, professionalism, responsiveness, and adaptability, you may be the person we are seeking to join our Information Technology department in our Chicago office as a Global ITSM ServiceNow Developer and Administrator.
The ITSM ServiceNow Developer and Administrator provides application technical expertise for the installation and support of all IT Service Management (ITSM) software application tools. Responsible for the design, configuration and administration of vendor or in-house developed applications or scripts required to support the IT Service Management platform solution; including integrations into and out of ITSM tools and Enterprise applications. Responsible for developing repeatable processes using the appropriate Orchestration automation utilities to enhance the flexibility and value of the ITSM Solution. Serves as the Subject Matter Expert to configure IT Service Management User Interface (UI) to meet the requirements of the defined Business process needs for Incident, Change, Configuration, Release, Problem and Request Management. Ensures appropriate communication, testing, and adherence to ITSM processes are met.
- Provides technical expertise and collaboration with the Global IT Operations Manager, Application owners, Infrastructure, Customer Services and Process Managers. Oversees implementation and configuration of AD and IAM products to support business needs
- Provides on-going technical assistance and software configuration/customization to include screen tailoring, workflow administration, report setup, dashboards, data imports, LDAP integration, custom scripting, and third party software integrations
- Troubleshoots and resolves moderately complex and unique system problems, failures and issues.
- Manages application deployments through the appropriate use of Import sets and Update sets in accordance with agreed upon release schedules
- Develops and maintains queries against Microsoft SQL databases such as Microsoft SQL, to prepare reporting statistics (KPIs), status reports and trends on current and historical data connected with and related to production Configuration Items
- Develops and supports Application integrations across the infrastructure including, but not limited to, the Configuration Management Database
- Manages the configuration and maintenance of all supporting application infrastructure, including but not limited to, application servers, database servers and integration servers
- Performs other duties as assigned as required to meet Firm goals and objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered in lieu of the degree when the experience has been directly related to the functions of the job is preferred
- ITIL v3 Foundations certification minimum is a requirement
- Minimum of three (3) years knowledge and experience supporting enterprise applications or IT Service Management Administration or three (3) years supporting enterprise infrastructures is required
- Working experience with Workflow and Approval configuration is required
- Proficient working with ServiceNow components such as Service Catalog, Change/Incident/Problem Management, Asset Management, Discovery and Knowledge management is a requirement
- A solid understanding of a Configuration Management Database (CMDB) and its relationship to asset management and IT service management processes is required
- Experience working with technical ServiceNow components such as: business rules, client scripts, UI policies and actions, UI pages and macros, script includes, catalog items, workflows, web services and reports is a requirement
- Working knowledge of the ITSM/ ITIL Framework required
- Working knowledge of ITIL principles and experience applying ITIL guidance to IT service teams required
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow best practices and ongoing knowledge of latest ServiceNow features preferred
- Working experience with ServiceNow automated discovery tool required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate effectively and in a professional manner with all levels of the Firm and outside vendors
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment and effectively support the demanding needs of the Firm
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines with shifting priorities
- Must be a self-starter with a high level of initiative
- Strong customer service skills, able to anticipate needs and exercise independent judgment
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects
- Maintains confidentiality and exercises discretion
- Exercises solid strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Committed to continued advancement
- Resilient and able to handle setbacks
- Commitment to process improvement
- Familiarity with established project management and other structured operational practices
- High level of discretion, comfortable handling sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality
- Ability to manage time and prioritize workloads effectively
- Willingness to challenge the status quo
- May require occasional lifting of up to 20 lbs
- Mayer Brown currently works within a Hybrid Model. 3 days in office/2 days work from home
The above is a general description of the essential duties associated with this position and does not represent an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all duties.
The Firm may modify and amend this job description at any time at its sole discretion. Nothing herein creates a contract of employment or otherwise modifies the at-will nature of employment.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental/vision/life/and AD&D insurance, 401 (k) savings plan, back-up childcare and eldercare, generous paid time off (PTO), as well as opportunities for professional development and growth. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Uniquely Positioned to Advise the World's Leading Companies