Senior Business Analyst I
About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
The IT Senior Business Analyst I will identify and document functional and technical requirements for proprietary web based custom-built software. The position requires driving application product change from idea to delivery including validating resulting change meets internal and external new and existing business requirements. An analytical and detail oriented professional with an exceptional ability to quickly and completely grasp complex workflows with numerous use cases and critical business impact is essential for this role. Ingenuity coupled with the ability and desire to continually improve both business and technical product knowledge contribute to success in the position.
This position reports to the lead Senior Product Manager, Client Product Delivery and requires working closely with mid to senior level management, attorneys, application development teams, and product designer, to elicit, document, and translate specifications on applications for the departments, Firm, and the Firm’s clients. The successful candidate must be results driven and have experience working with stakeholders who demand high quality and quick turnaround. Thus, the applicant must possess highly developed skills, including but not limited to, advanced verbal and written communication, active listening, business analysis and technical writing. This individual must have experience working with developers, architects and external vendors. The IT Sr Business Analyst I must have a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years’ experience applying business systems analysis and business process management principles at different levels of an organization within an iterative and phased approach driven information technology environment.
Essential Functions: (This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary.)
- Acts as relationship manager in the process of seeking out, identifying, and resolving business needs and/or business problems through process and/or technical recommendations and/or technical solutions across practice groups, units as assigned.
- Research, understand, and document business processes.
- Capture requirements from key business contacts and ensure documented requirements satisfy business needs (aligning use cases and stories/features to business processes) while addressing all downstream impacts.
- Form and maintain business requirements and functional specification documentation.
- Evaluate how new requirements fit into an existing product and ensure consistency throughout the product
- Translate requirements into test conditions and expected results for product, performance and user acceptance testing. Additionally, perform QA reviews prior to client delivery.
- Be a part of the change management process and effectively communicate required changes to development teams.
- Deliver project requirements and service levels in a deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrate analytical and organizational skills by analyzing and documenting complex information structures involving multiple layers of data and workflows.
- Work independently and self-manage tasks and time to balance and adapt to changing priorities.
- Adapt communication language and style to varied audiences making use of Microsoft PowerPoint, Visio, and other Firm tools.
- Adhere to Firm and department policies, procedures, approved artifacts, methodologies, and delivery approaches to ensure that project efforts are focused on the proper solution and level of functionality needed to meet the objectives of Firmwide, practice group, and functional department customers, without supervision.
- Evaluate test results, effectively identify and track issues using Firm-approved tools and processes working with respective team to escalate for resolution.
- Escalate issues to management, as appropriate, when client expectations and functionality do not match and cannot be reconciled without additional time, cost or resources.
- Any other functions/duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 5+ years’ experience in software product delivery disciplines and activities (i.e., product management, business analysis, testing, and project management activities); including delivery adhering to Agile methodologies and the SDLC.
- Bachelor’s degree in business (analytics or information science) or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Technical aptitude and interest.
- Outstanding customer service orientation and work ethic.
- Familiarity with a DevOps tool (such as Jira or Azure DevOps).
- Legal or private fund formation knowledge and understanding.
- Experience in Change or Release Management.
- Experience in web application development.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Microsoft Azure DevOps/VSTS/TFS
- Test Manager
- Knowledgeable and experienced with content management tools, HTML and XML.
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. Please click the "Apply for this position" button at the bottom of this page to be redirected to www.kirkland.com and click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application for consideration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.
Your application has been successfully submitted.