Practice Innovation Manager
As a member of the Practice Innovation team, the Practice Innovation Manager collaborates with practice groups delivering innovative solutions and legal technologies that help attorneys get further, faster in their practice of law.
The Practice Innovation Manager will apply project management, business process improvement and innovation methodologies to deliver attorney-facing process and technology solutions that further enable the practice of law.
The successful candidate must be curious about legal technology products and have extensive experience researching, testing and ultimately delivering innovative solutions.
- Partner with IT, Risk and Security to evaluate emerging legal technologies for use at the firm.
- Perform project management for innovation projects, including gathering requirements, communicating with attorneys, managing pilots, managing vendors, drive timelines, and facilitate product launches.
- Track and help drive adoption of new technologies, monitor and maximize return on investment for innovation and legal technology tools.
- Establish credibility with attorneys and leaders as a valuable resource and consultant in legal technology.
- Manage vendor relationships and delivery.
- Manage the design, build and delivery of solutions for attorneys using low-code platforms and other cutting edge legal technology tools such as contract analysis software, document automation tools, task management tools, and client collaboration tools.
- Work with attorneys to learn, document and reengineer existing processes for improved legal services delivery.
Qualifications & Requirements
Education, Work Experience, Skills
- A minimum five (5) years’ BA/PM experience
- 1-2 years internal or external consulting experience within technology roles, ideally legal technology.
- BA or BS in Business, Computer Science, MIS, Informatics, Data Science, or demonstrate 5+ years relevant work experience in technology, legal or consulting.
- Experience implementing process improvement and automation.
- Experience with third-party vendor engagement/management.
- Experience in change management and/or training with the ability to influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Desirable but not required:
- Experience with successfully planning, supporting and maintaining legal technology solutions.
- Experience in professional services or consulting, ideally in a law firm or corporate legal department, involving identifying and piloting new technologies.
- Experience with document automation, workflow automation, machine learning, low-code platforms, robotic process automation, and assorted legal operations and technology tools.
- Previous knowledge and experience with data query and programming languages, such as SQL, JS, C#, VBA, R and/or Python.
- Experience supporting lawyers in the use of legal technology.
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
This job may operate in a hybrid workplace model. In office work is in a professional office environment and a high-speed internet connection is required to connect to our systems when working in a home office. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.
Your application has been successfully submitted.