Versatile Marketing Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Are you a marketeer looking to work in an international environment, make a lasting impact while enjoying the flexibility of working in a start-up? Then this could be a unique opportunity!
Afriwise is looking for a hands-on marketeer to help us provide marketing campaigns tailored to our personas and set up our marketing team.
We are a law tech start-up company that is solving the historically difficult, and often very expensive, problem of accessing quality legal information in Africa. We’ve developed an innovative and collaborative business model and use modern day technology to help companies from all over the world access essential legal information on how to do business in Africa.
Barely 3 years into business, Afriwise is already the leading legal research platform for Sub Saharan Africa. Having won several prestigious international awards, we work with inhouse legal teams at international companies such as DHL, IBM, Bolloré, MTN, Vodacom and many more to cover their daily legal needs. We are looking for young talent to join our international team, based in 6 different countries, grow their potential with us and help us scale the company.
We need someone who genuinely understands marketing in a B2B environment, who is not afraid of being very hands-on and wants to test, test and test! Equally important, you need to be good at things behind marketing: planning, teamwork, listening, research, and a will to grow as a leader in our small international team. This is a unique opportunity.
Reporting directly to the CEO and working closely with colleagues across functions, the ideal candidate will be not just technically proficient (with at least 3 years’ experience in a comparable environment), but also be a high-energy ‘make things happen’ person.
You will :
• Drive the marketing strategy, tactics and channels ;
• Create a contact value ladder with conversion rates and strategies for MQL’s to SQL’s ;
• Manage Hubspot (CRM) automation on the marketing side ;
• Content creation (create promotional materials and business proposals) (images, videos, landing pages, content) ;
• Manage social media campaigns and Linkedin & Google adds ;
• Be overall responsible for the company’s branding and marketing communications positioning and create a brand cohesive message to share across all of the company’s channels ; and
• Exercise a data-centric approach to gather customer/user insights and market intelligence and use data to improve the product and future marketing campaigns and results.
• You have 3+ years of experience in product and/or digital marketing in a B2B environment ;
• You have experience driving brand development ;
• You have experience in advertising and marketing communications ;
• You have experience in digital/social media presence and optimisation ;
• You have experience of working with Hubspot ;
• You have experience driving customer/market research and analysis ;
• You are flexible; we’re a young start-up and you’ll be working on lots of fun things ; and
• You are keen to roll your sleeves up, get involved, and help us build a successful company and attractive culture.
What we offer :
• Competitive salary package with benefits and bonuses linked to results ;
• Flexible working hours & possibility to work from home (yes, also post-Covid) ;
• Work in an international environment ;
• Clear growth path to establish and head up our marketing team ;
• No non-sense approach and transparent communication ; and
• Be an early employee with impact in the exciting story that Afriwise is.
You will join a fast-paced law tech start-up focused on Africa. We encourage an open feedback culture in which all team members share and discuss feedback continuously. Your goals will be defined and reviewed informally with the CEO and the Head of Sales on a monthly basis. Performance will be reviewed more formally on a quarterly basis by the CEO in conjunction with Board Members as is appropriate. Afriwise is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We would like to fill this position as soon as possible.
Please apply by sending an e-mail with your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
African law made simple.