Director of Software Development
SurePoint is looking for an experienced Director of Software Development. Fueled by insights and Client- Specifications received from the Chief Product Officer and his/her Product Ownership team, you will manage and build teams of skilled developers to build and deliver SaaS products. Our current tech- stack includes: AWS, Node.js, React, Java, Aurora, Lambda
What You’ll Do
- Manage a large, outsourced development team to deliver and enhance our cloud products in an agile framework.
- Hire and build an insourced development team that will work seamlessly with the outsourced team.
- Manage, coach and mentor managers and other software development professionals, including performance reviews and career development
- Implement software development strategies and administer associated policies, procedures, and processes.
- Ensures all activities associated with software development align with organizational goals and objectives. Ensure best practices and coding standards are adhered to.
- Participate in requirement analysis and software design processes related to web and mobile based applications.
- Collaborate with Product Management and other teams to deliver innovative features and solutions that delight our clients with scale, speed and quality.
- Detailed knowledge of business operations, strategy, and priorities to establish technical direction.
- Great business acumen, and can translate strategic goals into tangible objectives and key results
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build effective networks and leverage them appropriately
- Experienced in recruiting, building, and managing high performing teams
- Extensive hands-on experience with agile/scrum principles and software development methodologies and practices.
- Strong negotiation and objection handling skills
- Ability to influence others both within and outside of immediate team to achieve results
- Have a passion for automation and continuous improvement
- Have a passion for technology and software engineering, keen to stay abreast of emerging technologies, languages, and practices
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science or systems analysis or equivalent industry experience.
- 3+ years of experience managing a distributed software development team with insourced and outsourced (offshore) resources.
- Experience optimizing AWS utilities and tools and developing APIs to mirror or simultaneously interact with legacy Private Cloud
- Deep understanding of multi-tenant cloud-native applications.
- Experience in the following, with expert level experience in at least 3: AWS, Azure, Node.js, React, Java, Aurora, Lambda, SQL databases
- Demonstrated experience with DevSecOps methods and tools
- Solid understanding of database design and querying concepts
SurePoint recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets – our employees. That’s why we not only offer a comprehensive total rewards package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
· Affordable and Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Flexible Paid Time-Off
- Paid maternity leave
- Life, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Education Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Learning & Development Courses through a self-paced online, virtual classroom
- MarketPlace – Discounts on goods and services, identity theft protection, pet health insurance, travel, electronics, gifts, household needs and more!
To learn more about SurePoint and our products, visit our corporate web site at www.surepoint.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
All employees must have the ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
SurePoint is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.