Legal Operations Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
We are looking for an experienced Legal Operations Manager to join our expanding Legal Operations Team! The ideal candidate is tech-savvy, detail oriented, proactive, and able to juggle competing priorities with a collaborative and transparent approach. This is a generalist role focusing on all Legal Team functional groups with a wide range of responsibilities. Some key areas include: Litigation, Financial management, outside counsel and vendor management, technology implementation and administration, project management, identifying and implementing departmental initiatives focused on managing costs and maximizing efficiencies. This position reports to the Director, Head of Legal Operations.
- Oversee budget, working closely with Lyft’s Finance Team on budget forecasting, budget-to-actual variance analysis, and reporting on costs and trends
- Contribute to and prepare administrative aspects of quarterly and annual planning, operational objectives, and budget initiatives
- Manage technology solutions and serve as point of contact for internal and external stakeholders. Work closely with IT on end-to-end project management and associated change management. Ensure ongoing system administration, communications, and training
- Work cross-functionally with Legal, Procurement, and Accounting to manage outside counsel and vendor relationships, including engagement agreements, associated budgets, compliance with billing guidelines, and related internal and external communications
- Partner closely with our Legal Operations eBilling Specialist to provide guidance on e-Billing and matter management, including platform efficiencies and optimizations
- Optimize continuous operational effectiveness through identifying productivity opportunities. Assist with implementing supporting programs, processes and tools to improve workflows, and codifying processes though playbooks and intake templates
- Manage and improve new hire onboarding process, materials, and associated training
- A bachelor’s degree or higher, preferred
- At least 3-5 years legal operations experience in an in-house legal department, law firm, or both
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Understanding of financial management principles
- Litigation experience
- Strong business partnering skills with a commitment to professionalism, collegiality, and transparency
- Proactive entrepreneurial approach to recognizing needs, solving problems, anticipating issues and developing solutions
- Sense of ownership and exceptional follow through skills are absolutely essential
- Experience implementing and managing legal technology solutions, including change management
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Comfortable facing new challenges and changes in direction; flexibility in embracing frequent change
- PMP certification, preferred
- Six Sigma Lean Certification, preferred
- Experience with Legal Tracker, Ironclad, Seal, Tonkean, or equivalent tools, and Google Suite, a plus
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Wherever you’re headed, let’s get there together.