Web Optimization Manager
Casetext develops legal research and writing software to help attorneys do their best work and provide the best possible representation for their clients. Our tools help attorneys spend less time on tedious, time-consuming tasks and more time on the things that make them great lawyers and persuasive advocates. We’re passionate about expanding access to justice by giving attorneys the tools they need to do their best work more efficiently and cost-effectively. Casetext is backed by Union Square Ventures, Canvas Ventures, 8VC, Y Combinator and Red Sea Ventures and has raised $40M total in funding
Casetext makes legal research and writing products for attorneys. These products enable attorneys to search all US law and compose the first draft of critical documents. Casetext’s products utilize breakthroughs in artificial intelligence to make these workflows faster and easier while surfacing the best insights. Attorneys can get research done for them automatically by simply dragging-and-dropping a document; pose a question to a concept-based search technology that understands the query and finds on-point results even if they share none of the searched-for words; and produce a fully-written document specific to their context in just a few minutes. Attorneys have called these magical-feeling experiences “straight up witchcraft,” “brilliant,” legal’s “best hidden secret,” and the “best AI/ML application”
We seek a highly motivated Web Optimization Manager to join our Marketing Team reporting to the Sr Director of Marketing. This role will be responsible for the revenue driving performance of our public facing web pages and over technical projects for our Marketing team. You will collaborate with members of the Marketing team to update and integrate the company websites (currently WordPress) with our backend tool suite. You will build an environment for the efficient development of all Casetext Web pages. This position requires the ability to balance multiple projects and timelines in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision while delivering a quality product and participating in digital projects focused on developing and expanding the digital marketing platform.
What You’ll Do:
- Web strategy and Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO): partner with a team of talented marketers and product managers to deliver high growth demand gen and customer marketing initiatives in a cross-functional environment.
- Identify areas of opportunity rooted in data and industry best practices, and develop plans of action to educate and engage prospects and customers, and drive conversion rate improvements.
- Create long term roadmap for the site and develop resourcing plan to support site roadmap goals and objectives.
- Define, implement and optimize the website design and content strategies to achieve business objectives, drive up conversion and improve search rankings.
- Optimize Casetext prospect experience (traffic, conversion, revenue, friction, visitor engagement, time on site, and technical site performance).
- Identify high-growth and high-revenue opportunities, take the lead on executing them, measuring them, and optimizing their performance
- Utilization and governance of the Content Management System (CMS) including workflows.
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor, and upgrade all public facing web pages.
- Create best practices for building customer-facing web pages, and collaborate with (or otherwise sharing knowledge with) other teams to build and optimize pages.
- “Always be testing”: from A/B testing landing pages, targeting criteria & content placement, to optimizing self-serve purchase flows, you’ll be the expert on audience conversion strategy and objectives.
- Generate test briefs, refine testing methodology and roadmaps across lines of business, and evangelize learnings.
- Implementing all facets of the CRO roadmap including planning, idea management, testing, optimization, reporting, and forecasting.
- Drive continual site optimization, testing, and improvements to the customer experience.
- Setting up and utilizing A/B tests, using VWO or similar tools, and optimizing funnels across multiple devices and websites.
- Manage landing page optimization, working across Marketing, Product and Creative teams to guide landing page development, seamless handoff to external and internal marketing campaigns and rapid testing to better accomplish business goals.
- Develop and execute a robust playbook for driving web/mobile conversion, including directions for when to use personalized experiences, site promotions, product offerings, etc.
- Set goals and KPIs for conversion rate optimization that help meet broader website and Acquisition team goals.
- Implement best practices for SEO and work closely with marketing team members to optimize tracking and conversions.
- Conduct SEO audits and gap analysis and use findings to develop recommendations to improve content creation/operationsResearch competition, investigate benchmarks and provide suggestions for improvement.
- Perform regular keyword research and track positioning for target pages and against competitors.
- Lead implementation of testing on our existing Marketing tool stack (Intercom, Hubspot, WordPress, Chilli Piper, Send Grid, Eulerity SEM ad distribution) that intersect with Web and suggest new marketing tool stacks.
- Manage successful integration with marketing technology including marketing automation, CRM, ABM tools, etc.
- Google Analytics Governance
- Tag Management including tools, taxonomy and tag validation
- Web Analytics integration with BI and CRM.
- Establish benchmarks, goals and monitor and report on KPIs and results.
- Partner with sales and others outside of marketing including executive team to share progress and results.
- Develop backend integrations via webhooks and similar tools and redirections.
- Use and update Google Analytics for event tagging, data cleanup, and reporting.
- Setup new marketing channels: Funnel tests via Chilli Piper and landing pages etc, implementation of new pixels and API integrations.
- Support & advise the team in experimenting with new marketing tools and the technical execution of integrating these tools into our current tech stack and workflow.
- Provide actionable reporting to key business partners and executives.
- Analyze data and provide recommendations to improve marketing spend, website conversions, and engagement metrics.
- Analyze performance data and metrics and make decisions regarding tests direction based on the analysis and hypotheses.
- Collaborate with the graphic designer, copywriter, and outside agencies to drive the technical implementation/execution of Casetext’s public marketing site.
- Clear and concise communication as to work progress, issues, etc and the ability to overcome the problems on your own if required.
- Collaborate with members of the Marketing team to update and integrate the company websites Integrate into the process and execution timelines, participating in the entire development lifecycle.
- Develop best practices, guidance, and templates for building new marketing web pages; consult with partners across marketing and other departments to build optimized web pages.
- Maintain a cross-functional partnership with the Product Management and Engineering teams to create a seamless website to conversion funnel experience.
- 5-10 years of professional experience in conversion optimization in web or app, growth marketing, consumer product management or other data-driven digital marketing fields.
- Entrepreneurial mind set with experience as a consultant within the web optimization space.
- Time management skills with the ability to multitask.
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage cross-functionally.
- A winning attitude that complements the driven-yet-balanced demeanor of our marketing team.
- Likes organization but can be flexible.
- You enjoy piecing a project together like a puzzle, involving the right people at the right time to achieve optimum results.
- Hands-on experience with SEO, Google Analytics and CRM software.
- Proven CRO experience with a demonstrated ability to unify cross-functional teams to cultivate a strong testing culture and drive significant growth for your organization.
- Proven experience and comfort using site experimentation solutions, such as Google Optimize, Optimizely, or VWO, and managing a robust test agenda.
- Functional knowledge of programming concepts and proven experience working with Product and Development teams in an agile setting.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS a plus.
- Experience partnering with marketing stakeholders across product, demand generation, and customer marketing.
- Experience collaborating with IT, Engineering and Product Management teams.
- Experience managing third-party agency and contractor relationships.
- Ability to analyze data and translate web findings clearly for both technical and non-technical audiences
Casetext is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment, including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.