Customer Document Specialist
We need YOU to help us fix a broken trillion dollar industry
Documents sit at the heart of every business in the world. Trillions of dollars are riding on information and data buried inside contracts. Yet, documents are a fundamentally obsolete way of transmitting this information.
Tools like Word and PDF worked well decades ago, as they were optimised for printing, and familiarity with the physical world. But what if you want to query, model, program, transmit or analyse the information in your documents? You would have to go through each document, painstakingly extracting the information you need, before attempting to structure the data within a database.
This is killing businesses, as they are generating critical contracts at an increasingly unmanageable rate - with little knowledge of what’s in them, or their consequences. Yet we’re still storing data like it’s the 1990s - caching information as prose inside digital paper, dragging and dropping it between little icons of cardboard folders.
We’re here to change that. We’re building an entirely novel way for people to interact with their information by bringing the power of databases to documents.
Revolutionise a 6000 year-old industry
After two years of hard work, we’ve landed a string of customers across a range of industries, including banking, retail, infrastructure, financial services and others. We even have Hollywood producers and professional sports teams as Nomio Users!
Through these partnerships, we’ve developed a system that is revolutionising the way our customers do business - and we’re only just getting started.
- Work directly with me to turn documents into data.
- Work out ways to improve our document pipeline.
- Help to develop our innovative ‘expressions’ system - through which we simplify the world’s most complex contracts.
- Manage customer relationships - interacting with CFOs and GCs at major businesses.
What you'll be doing
- Play a crucial role in our document pipeline. We make sure every single document Nomio processes undergoes human review to achieve 99%+ accuracy. We've spent years building out a suite of unique annotation tools, our very own Ironman suit, to supercharge this process. As more documents are uploaded into Nomio, we need you to put on the Ironman suit and help us review them.
- Help to simplify the world’s most complex contracts. We tackle the most challenging contracts across industries like construction, infrastructure and energy. We have developed an innovative computational system to capture critical data within these contracts. We need you to apply and develop our system, which is already revolutionising these industries in the UK.
- Form customer relationships and secure business. Processing information is one thing, but contextualising that information is another. As one our Customer Document Specialists, you will play a crucial role in maintaining customer relationships and preparing pitches to prospective customers - meaning lots of client contact!
- Make Nomio better. You won't just be reviewing documents - you’ll be the bridge between our customers and our product team. We're counting on you to poke holes in our document pipeline, come up with unique solutions, and communicate them to our engineers. You will be one of the pioneers of legal data infrastructure.
- And so much more... as an early employee, you'll get a front row seat to every aspect of the company.
Who you are
- Someone with an interest in law and tech. Whether you're a recent grad, intern, paralegal - we don't mind. If you're excited about the problem we're solving, this role is for you.
- Superhuman time management, organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Highly ambitious - there's always more that you can be doing.
- Proactive - when you see a problem, you brainstorm ways to tackle it immediately.
- Humble - there is no task too small for you.
- Cherishes responsibility - you'll be getting more of it than you would at any other grad job.
- Determined - we're taking on a trillion dollar industry and we want someone crazy enough to believe that's possible.
- (Optional) You make funny memes so we don't have to keep fake-laughing at the ones our Commercial Director makes.
If you join us...
- We only use the best tools and equipment, so you'll be getting a new Macbook and 4K monitor (and whatever else you need to do a great job).
- There are stock options for every employee. We want everyone to share in our success.
- No red tape.
- Cycle to work scheme
- You'll need to be able to work from our office in London (UK) for at least 2 days per week once the pandemic settles down.
Email me at email@example.com with a CV and link to your LinkedIn and we can talk!
💡 About Me
I graduated from Oxford before completing the GDL at BPP University. On graduating, I wanted a job in Tech where I could be proactive, and make an impact from day one. At Nomio I could do this and more, despite my apparently ‘non-techy’ background.
High impact, high reward. Six months into the job, as employee #6, I am:
- Working directly with our CEO, Commercial Director and Customer Success Director every day.
- Collaborating with CFOs and GCs of major businesses as a Customer Success Manager.
- Pitching to huge companies in all kinds of industries - from banks to biotech firms!
- Learning more tech-y stuff than I ever thought possible.
- Developing exciting product features with our engineering team.
- Strategising ways forward for the product, and conducting market research.
- Hiring new candidates as we grow - this is my second hiring cycle in four months! </aside>
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Turning documents into usable data